Lumapower DX-1 P7: Donut in the beam

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the p7 is sitting too deep in the reflector. I came to this conclusion by adjusting my mag flashlight to create a donut hole. I can adjust either way on the mag and create a donut hole past the perfect focus.

Have you tried unscrewing the head of the light with it turned on to see if it helps? Try that.

shomie911

Enlightened
I think the p7 is sitting too deep in the reflector. I came to this conclusion by adjusting my mag flashlight to create a donut hole. I can adjust either way on the mag and create a donut hole past the perfect focus.

Have you tried unscrewing the head of the light with it turned on to see if it helps? Try that.

I've tried everything, nothing seems to alleviate the donut, including tightening and loosening the bezel as well as perfectly centering the LED.

I sent an email to Battery Junctions customer service and they're going to send me an RMA. I'm quite disapointed because I spent almost three times what a KaiDomain or Deal Extreme P7 costs and got an unsatisfactory beam. I bought the DX-1 and spent the extra money so that wouldn't happen.

Hopefully everything works out.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll keep you up to date on whatever happens.

shomie911

Enlightened
Oh also, my DX-1 had dirt and debris inside of the light and on the threads when I received it, which was very odd.

I can't imagine how a new light could have that stuff inside it. My box was also slightly beat up as well.

So I'm not sure what to think, but hopefully the RMA will either fix it or give me my money back.

I have to add though, that Battery Junctions customer service is top notch and they have been very, very helpful, I recommend them whole heartedly.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried everything, nothing seems to alleviate the donut, including tightening and loosening the bezel as well as perfectly centering the LED.

I sent an email to Battery Junctions customer service and they're going to send me an RMA. I'm quite disapointed because I spent almost three times what a KaiDomain or Deal Extreme P7 costs and got an unsatisfactory beam. I bought the DX-1 and spent the extra money so that wouldn't happen.

Hopefully everything works out.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll keep you up to date on whatever happens.
Bummer, I hope they get this worked out.