Length of body before it widens into the head: 69.0/49.5
Length of the head: 30.9/21.0

You're welcome.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Re: Lumapower Lumacraft D- Mini Cree

selfbuilt said:
Dmini.gif

The Energizer primary gave a very respectable 59 mins to 50%. My 750mA protected AW RCR only lasted 29 mins until the protection circuit kicked in and the light shut off. Second run with another cell was slightly worse at 27 mins. Results seem pretty reasonable, given what's been reported for Fenix P1D-CE on high.

FYI, runtimes were done on my homemade light meter (photoresistivie CdSe cell hooked up to my DMM, attached to a standard milk carton for overall output measurements). The Y-axis scale is completely relative (my light meter is uncalibrated for lux, but has been verified to be perfectly linear within the range of light intensities reported).

Just updated my post #25 with D-mini runtime graph ... enjoy!

For a comparison to P1D-CE, see Chevro's excellent graphs:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/144407

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
At anything greater than a meter, I get a donut for a hotspot. I tried repositioning the reflector to no benefit. I don't think the reflector is reaching deep enough for the Cree to reach the focal point :(

I must mention this torch has fantastic build quality. The fit and finish are perfect, all components are excellent, and even the lubrication is exactly the way it should be.

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
NewBie said:
Thats great to know, how about the current in Amperes?

If you can give me some pointers how to read amperes with a mulitmeter I might be able to do it. Does your multimeter need to have an amperes meter to read amperes?

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a few beamshots I took a few minutes ago, shots are off my deck to the back of my yard, approximately 90'. 2 second exposure f/4.8 iso 160.

2mg2zro.jpg

3yrcq45.jpg

4hsdlvr.jpg

48nap9k.jpg

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
D-Mini @ 203"

dsc03846smallsv8.jpg

Hunt Light FT01X SE U Bin @ 203"

dsc03848smallak1.jpg

D-Mini @ 203" Stepped down exposure.

dsc03847smallnp7.jpg

Hunt Light FT01X SE U Bin @ 203" Stepped down exposure.

dsc03849smallrs7.jpg

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i really wonder why these manufacturers continue to use smooth reflectors... a stipple reflector would clean the beams right up.

-David

daveman

Enlightened

selfbuilt said:
Dmini.gif

The Energizer primary gave a very respectable 59 mins to 50%. My 750mA protected AW RCR only lasted 29 mins until the protection circuit kicked in and the light shut off. Second run with another cell was slightly worse at 27 mins. Results seem pretty reasonable, given what's been reported for Fenix P1D-CE on high.

FYI, runtimes were done on my homemade light meter (photoresistivie CdSe cell hooked up to my DMM, attached to a standard milk carton for overall output measurements). The Y-axis scale is completely relative (my light meter is uncalibrated for lux, but has been verified to be perfectly linear within the range of light intensities reported).

uh....that doesn't look like a regulated runtime graph to me. Somebody please tell me I'm hallucinating.

daveman

Enlightened
Zman said:
I agree, its not what I expected from a 'regulated' circuit. Shouldnt there be a flat somewhere near the beginning of that blue curve?

I think Lumapower chose a slope over a cliff in runtime. Fine for some folks, but I perfer cliffs.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
i really wonder why these manufacturers continue to use smooth reflectors... a stipple reflector would clean the beams right up.

-David

The smooth reflectors give more throw.

The stripple reflectors give a nice smooth beam but cut down on the throw.

Some want throw or want smooth beams.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thujone said:
Here are a few beamshots I took a few minutes ago, shots are off my deck to the back of my yard, approximately 90'. 2 second exposure f/4.8 iso 160.

2mg2zro.jpg

3yrcq45.jpg

4hsdlvr.jpg

48nap9k.jpg

Nice Images, Do you happen to have P1D CE, it would be great if you could post similar shot with P1D CE

Marlite

Enlightened

LEDcandle said:
Nice, simple and useful review as always, ersanada. Looks like the D-mini has a bright ring around the corona instead of a dark ring! Haha....
Dad, the bare-al lights look awesome.

LEDcandle: Ring of Fire!

Ensenada great pics and review again.

AWTYDad still waiting for your review. Your collection is sweet.

Marlite

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
ViReN said:
Nice Images, Do you happen to have P1D CE, it would be great if you could post similar shot with P1D CE

Due to financial issues at the time I had to back out of the P1DCE preprder, and now that I see that they do not deal the best with 3.7 batts I have not reordered. Sorry. But more people have the P1 anyways so this is a valuable comparison to those people. For indoors I dont feel the d-mini is that useful, definately still find myself using my CR2 Ion for indoor work, and my wife still grabs the P1, but when you get outdoors the difference is clear. This will be a big winner on our camping trips this year.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine yesterday. It is bright and it throws.Its a keeper. I have been messing around with it, and found that the heat it does produce is mostly from the battery. Shooting a infrared probe down the bussiness end shows between 45 and 50C at the emitter but it never shows up in the body. (I ran it for a while on a power supply) I have voided the warrenty.There was a lot of locktite on the head(a little heat for 10 min).the emitter is on one of those white topped stars.Removing the black disk and turning it over would let you get a little deeper into the reflector as it has a rim on the back side. I put some satin tape over the window and it flooded the beam.There was a ghost hot spot in the middle of the beam that looked like the sun behind clouds. and it stayed there as I used my fingers to block out most of the center of the beam,it came from the rim of the reflector. When I covered the outer edge of the reflector it disapeared.:thinking:

More as I discover it.
C

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
So a little Write-Right or clear tape would flood it out? Good news for those who can't wait for the 2nd reflector.