LX2 wobbly tailcap

pulstar

Enlightened
Mine behaves the same. I think it should be like that, so don't worry(switch). I hope SF will send me a new tailcap i eagerly want to know if there will be a difference...

youreacrab

Enlightened
Fix:

1. One wrap of plain old scotch tape (kind you keep on your desk--the satin/cloudy type, not the clear type) around the threads above the o-ring. 2. get a blade and shave off anything that sticks over the threads. 3. twist on.

You're good to go. The tape fills the square threads just enough and it doesn't easily break up from use. I do not recommend using plumber's teflon tape--it gunks up the threads and the innards.

Last edited:

Jethro

Newly Enlightened
Fix:

1. One wrap of plain old scotch tape (kind you keep on your desk--the satin/cloudy type, not the clear type) around the threads above the o-ring. 2. get a blade and shave off anything that sticks over the threads. 3. twist on.

You're good to go. The tape fills the square threads just enough and it doesn't easily break up from use. I do not recommend using plumber's teflon tape--it gunks up the threads and the innards.

Did you lube it after doing this? I see lube and scotch tape being a bad mix and the light won't really be waterproof with out lube (in my opinion). But if you lubed it with the scotch tape in there and the action is still the same with no wobble, then let me know!

I just don't see the wobble being a problem to be honest... I just keep a good amount of lube on the threads and it is very easy to operate lock out and constant on with one hand. And one would think it will resist water as it should.

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
Hey pulstar, did you get the new tailcap from SF yet? I'm curious if it will solve the wiggle issue.

youreacrab

Enlightened
Did you lube it after doing this? I see lube and scotch tape being a bad mix and the light won't really be waterproof with out lube (in my opinion). But if you lubed it with the scotch tape in there and the action is still the same with no wobble, then let me know!

I just don't see the wobble being a problem to be honest... I just keep a good amount of lube on the threads and it is very easy to operate lock out and constant on with one hand. And one would think it will resist water as it should.

yep. not a problem lube+scotch. that sounds creepy.

pulstar

Enlightened
Mine does that too. It will be interesting to hear from pulstar once once the new tail cap arrives ...

Hi guys, after 14 days tailcap arrived in Slovenia and there's quite a difference: New one isn't nowhere near as wobbly as original. There's still a little moving but it's almost unnoticable and flashlight doesn't turn on unexpectedly anymore.

Now it's perfect! :huh:

Thank you Surefire! You're legendary Customer Service is really worthy additional price while we're buying your products!

Can't wait to go outside and play with LX2-First time this season we have a little snow here!:) Weeeeeee:grin2::D