• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA-Based Flashlight

neonecko

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update! Can't wait for the pics!

4500k is about the same temperature as a factory HID bulb, standard on most luxury vehicles. A very beautiful white thats easy on the eyes.

I use 6000k Philips Ultinon bulbs in my car and its a very cool white thats a little closer towards the blue spectrum, but still white. Absolutely gorgeous paired with clear lens Honda S2000 projectors. My love for lights goes well beyond flashlights. :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, okay, I can't resist any more. That 4500k color temp put me over the edge! Paypal sent to reserve one Mako flood!

(scout24- you knew I'd eventually give in and get one, didn't you!?)

:eek:

:paypal:

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, I knew you had to get in on this one too. We are all depending on you to conduct your extensive review with beam shots in close range settings. I think this is going to be an awesome little task light for desk duty and working on projects up close and personal....Thanks Enrique!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, I knew you had to get in on this one too. We are all depending on you to conduct your extensive review with beam shots in close range settings. I think this is going to be an awesome little task light for desk duty and working on projects up close and personal....Thanks Enrique!
Why wait for the review? Get one now if you haven't, before it's all gone. You don't know when the next run is going to be, or if it ever will be.

Edit: I don't mean you specifically. I know you have already placed your reservation. I was referring to those who are still sitting on their decisions and waiting for a review.

Last edited:

neonecko

Newly Enlightened
Okay, okay, I can't resist any more. That 4500k color temp put me over the edge! Paypal sent to reserve one Mako flood!

(scout24- you knew I'd eventually give in and get one, didn't you!?)

Whoa! Greetings! From another person in Northern VA! Looks like at least two new batch Makos will be sent to the DMV area :)!!

pjandyho is right. Reservations are going fast! Probably somewhere in the teens(13-19) by now. Reserve one today, if you don't want to miss out on buying it direct.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Folks,

I'm glad to see you all are happy about the LED - I've got a comparison shot between the two beam colors below:

6697969333_4693a1da4f.jpg

The wall these LEDs are being beamed on is not white, and the leftmost beam (being used in the Makos) renders the color accurately, whereas the one on the right washes everything out. I will see if I can get another shot or two this weekend on more common items to illustrate the difference, too. :)

These LEDs are pretty similar in color to the Neutral White Aeons that I made a few months ago. I'll have some more photos soon.

Enrique

mattp

Enlightened
...These LEDs are pretty similar in color to the Neutral White Aeons that I made a few months ago. I'll have some more photos soon...

I love the tint of my neutral Aeon, this makes me even more excited for the new Mako!
Thanks, Matt

Kestrel

Flashaholic
the LEDs used in this batch of flood Makos will be a fairly pleasing 4500K in color temperature, providing a nice, true-white beam color.
You had me at 4500K. I'm in, and will send the $50 PP deposit shortly.

Thank you very much for being patient with all my questions. (coyote too ;))

This light sounds like a winner. :)

Edit: PP sent 12:00 PM PST Sunday.

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update to let you know there are eight lights left for reservation. Once these are claimed, that will be that until after the run is complete - I expect to have a handful of extras at the end of the run, which will be offered on a first-come first-served basis then.

I'll keep you all posted as things move forward. :)

Enrique

exquzmwa

Enlightened
Hi Enrique. This is awesome. I'm working on how I can do this. This + the Aeon offer are both awesome. I over extended on the LS20 the other day, but I'm working out in my mind how to make this work. Love the lights :devil: