Malkoff SHD, E2HT, E1HT and SF Beamshots

StagMoose

Enlightened
I've been testing a few WML type lights out and thought I would post my results over time.
Pictures really speak for themselves, but it is interesting to see the differences in warmth/ color rendering and throw.

i have issues getting photos on from the phone. Sorry for the links.

https://imgur.com/a/YaXGcaJ

Last edited:

Seattle Sparky

Newly Enlightened
Is that a neutral SHD?
Also, kinda surprised in difference of tints between e2ht and e1ht. is your e2ht really that much warmer? Besides E1HT hotspot appears to be brighter, strange...

StagMoose

Enlightened
Is that a neutral SHD?
Also, kinda surprised in difference of tints between e2ht and e1ht. is your e2ht really that much warmer? Besides E1HT hotspot appears to be brighter, strange...

I purchased the SHD as a cool. I always felt it looked warm, but when compared to other 4000K lights it is cooler for sure. I talked to Gene about it and he said the TIR lens makes it appear that way. I don't know. I don't have another SDH to compare it to but will gladly take one for testing. :)

I am not sure about the difference in warmth between the E1/E2HT. I was aiming for the 78 yd tree. These were taken with a phone and I'm not a photographer so some variation could be due to that. The E2HT certainly throws better/ farther. Not twice as far obviously but it does penetrate into the woods more.

Both are superb WML/ property spotting lights. The chicken coop is in those pictures for the keen eye, and we have a fox problem, so this is practical testing.

Here are some additional wall beam shots/ wall shots.
I didn't have the E1HT for this throw test but plan to get a picture.

I have an M61 HOT en route I look forward to testing. And cause my wife to question my sanity.

I have looked but can't find a way to make an E-series head hi/lo. Anyone have a solution?

https://imgur.com/a/Hg13WT6

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
That E2 hyper throw looks awesome! Especially the tint. I was going to ask what LED did they use, but on the Malkoff site it says it's a "trade secret". Lol!!

StagMoose

Enlightened
Yep. "Trade secret." It's been a fun little blaster to scope the property with.
The MD2 is superb all around.

Regarding the LX2, I wonder how bright the "low" would be with the E2HT head? I can't imagine getting less than 100 lumens out of it, which would be highly concentrated and still be pretty bright.

I will get some more up in another week or so.