MBI #3 - Codename: HF

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have brought it. Where would you like it sent?

Down the hatch (pointing down into an abyssimal hole)

Unobtanium is only one of many elements to be considered for the next HF.

PS The linked list always cracks me up, no matter how many times I read it.

Actually, I need this batch of unobtanium to line my tunnel before going through the core. I don't know if I'll be creating 2 new magnetic poles, though... :popcorn:

Tofty

Enlightened
Just got home to find a very welcome delivery.....

MBLights008b_zps490bdc87.jpg

The stainless light looks fantastic and the knurling is a beautiful thing in it's own right, so crisp and clear.

MBLights001b_zpse180683a.jpg

MBLights004b_zps4ea47a8d.jpg

For the aluminium version the difference in the anodised colours are very slight and anyone who's ever owned a gray HA surefire will find little to complain about here.

MBLights006b_zpsb8db2dac.jpg

These HF-Rs feel like a real impovement over the original HFs which is saying something indeed.
A fitting precursor to the, sure to be great, Torpedo.

MBLights012b_zps1919dd80.jpg

Thanks Guy

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just finished putting this together, was about to post and my laptop shutdown in the middle (out of juice)...

back up finally, here goes...

So, you wanna win the ZoomHead + QTC tail prototype combo?

I put together a system that hopefully handles everything automatically (as I hope to do it again in the near future).

You'll need to have an HF or HF-R to enter (sorry, but it's going to be a good point of comparison and you'll need the batteries, body, etc).

Please click on the link above to enter (hopefully it all works).

I set the time limit for roughly 5+ days from now.

Feel free to post any questions, suggestions (but I gotta sleep soon ;) ).

Thanks,
Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got home to find a very welcome delivery.....

MBLights008b_zps490bdc87.jpg

The stainless light looks fantastic and the knurling is a beautiful thing in it's own right, so crisp and clear.

MBLights001b_zpse180683a.jpg

MBLights004b_zps4ea47a8d.jpg

For the aluminium version the difference in the anodised colours are very slight and anyone who's ever owned a gray HA surefire will find little to complain about here.

MBLights006b_zpsb8db2dac.jpg

These HF-Rs feel like a real impovement over the original HFs which is saying something indeed.
A fitting precursor to the, sure to be great, Torpedo.

MBLights012b_zps1919dd80.jpg

Thanks Guy

Tofty,

Thanks for the AWESOME pics :twothumbs

Beautiful collection you have going there!
We'll have to start a thread in the main forum eventually (post your MBI pics) though I think it's usually started by someone other than "the guy"
...eventually

I did have to knock back the first full batch of HF-R's as they didn't make the cut (which was hard though necessary). I've trained the workshop team quite a bit now and got them checking every single tail with a multimeter so the rejection rate has certainly dropped and overall quality seems to have risen, thanks to everybody's feedback of course which has been a GREAT help.

I should mention I do have 3mode tails for the HF-R reds now, just haven't had a chance to put them up on the site yet.

Tgwnn

Zandar

Enlightened
Down the hatch (pointing down into an abyssimal hole)

Cataract, The tunnel should be just fine as long as it's stable on a quantum level. As long as the matter composing the tunnel walls is in phase with this dimension your good to go. It won't create 2 new magnetic poles. Even if there's a problem I'll reset the time line and fix it. Just make sure you get permission from the people living in the core before drilling through their city.

Oh, and thanks for taking such good care of the "Unicorns" for me and GUY
Actually, I need this batch of unobtanium to line my tunnel before going through the core. I don't know if I'll be creating 2 new magnetic poles, though... :popcorn:

Last edited:

romteb

Enlightened
Anyone looking for a mint HF titanium raw XM-L U2 with 2 blue trits ?

I'm thinking of consolidating my flashlight stable around nimh chemistry and parting with my li-ion ones (looking forward to the torpedo ).

Drop me a PM if interested, cheers. (I hope this message doesn't break any rule...please tell me if it does)

Edit:

SOLD very very quickly sorry for all the hopefull who PMed me...

Last edited:

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um, what ever happened to the original aluminum HFs?
Hi FsTop,

I'm guessing you are asking something like this?

All except for 3 HF Al's have been shipped.
2 that were waiting on something else, expected to go out this weekend.
1 (yours) is waiting on 3 mode tails for the HF AL's expected later this month.

I think there were about 2-3 people where I mentioned end of the month around Jan 28 though I had meant to say end of the following month.

Anything else, please feel welcome to let me know of course.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your entry link works Guy, guess who's entry number 1? :)

Dale
Congrats :)

I was waiting to see who beat me to it! #2 is still impressive enough, though.
Well done to both of you.

Ok, got 3 and 4
All so fast.

Cheaters. I can't likely enter while I'm flying now can I? It's alright. I'm all set now.
Congrats Alex,
please send your flightpath next time and I'll adjust the entry time accordingly.

Anyone looking for a mint HF titanium raw XM-L U2 with 2 blue trits ?

I'm thinking of consolidating my flashlight stable around nimh chemistry and parting with my li-ion ones (looking forward to the torpedo ).

Drop me a PM if interested, cheers. (I hope this message doesn't break any rule...please tell me if it does)
Hi romteb,

Not sure about any rules....
as long as we are just a bunch of people expressing our thoughts, no harm that I can think of.
Whilst cpfmp is probably the correct place, this may be the best place
wink2.gif
I just sent you a mail ;)

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I hope the final format for choosing a winner was ok with everyone.
It's random, I think it's fair and now that its made, totally automatic which means I can potentially do it again for other prototypes.
Sorry for the restriction (needing to have an HF/HF-R). That won't necessarily be a must in the future, just depends on what the prototype is (eg. an optional part, etc).

It would be nice for the winner to share some feedback but it doesn't need to be technical, just your impressions will be fine.

Come on GUY, just let your associates the MIB handle the draw. Then you can do the delivery in "relativistic time" using your father's spaceship. That way no more "Unicorn" droppings this time! Remember I left you that spare activation crystal on your desk. Oh wait! You don't know that yet. I mean, I will have left that crystal on your desk yesterday, after the timelines reintersect. But first I must feed those "Unicorns up in Canada on Cataract's lawn.
Hi Zandar,

They were able to whip up something reasonably quickly ;)

That's a good point. We want to hear back from whoever gets the head. You should make it a condition to enter the draw; it is a prototype, after all.

I have another suggestion: give it to the person who comes up with the best idea of how to draw it. I know, it sounds like an idea that defeats it's own purpose, but you can use that person's idea for the next draw :D

Thanks Cataract,
still open to suggestions for the next time of course :)

Excellent point, Cataract! Perhaps even give it to a light mod person that can give perspectival input on how to improve it even more, if there even is someone that fits the bill on this forum string. Though, this would rule me out because I haven't even come close to modifying my lights.
Hi onthelake,
If you can use it, you can review it :thumbsup:

Unobtanium is only one of many elements to be considered for the next HF.

PS The linked list always cracks me up, no matter how many times I read it.
Thanks JulianP,
That is a very cool list. I'll have to ask some of my suppliers if they can get a hold of any of those materials :crackup:

Flickr isn't working for me right now. I'll have to upload the pictures later.
Thanks Alex,
no hurry :twothumbs

Tgwnn

rebelbayou

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guy,

It says in the sign-up link that you must already own an HF or HF-R or have one on the way. How do we know the serial number if we didn't choose a serial number when we ordered but have a light on the way? Sorry if I missed this information somewhere above and thanks for putting on this great contest!

Esko

Enlightened
An elegant way to organize the give away in favor of those who are dedicating both money and time on MBI products. :) Good luck to all of us.

That is a very cool list. I'll have to ask some of my suppliers if they can get a hold of any of those materials :crackup:

What ever you do, please don't use unobtainium... or unaffordium either. Too many unobtainium and unaffordium flashlights (and other cool stuff) already on markets. :(

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guy,

It says in the sign-up link that you must already own an HF or HF-R or have one on the way. How do we know the serial number if we didn't choose a serial number when we ordered but have a light on the way? Sorry if I missed this information somewhere above and thanks for putting on this great contest!

Hi rebelbayou,

Thanks for posting the question and sorry, I should have made it a little more clear.
I sent you an email with the serial number that's on route a short while ago ;)

In case anyone else is not sure or needs some info, please feel welcome to contact me.

Thanks,
Tgwnn