MBI #3 - Codename: HF

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahoy!
Momentary switches landed :thumbsup:
A quick test and the first few look wickedly good.

Below: Adding a momentary switch, suddenly increases your size and lego options 4 fold!
IMG_3938_zps3c7d8cfe.jpg

One thing to note is the smallest setup (on the right....for you drunk folks) is very much a hack and will need a QTC tab
(which I'll be including with the momentary switch set) but I've got one of those in my wallet now as a backup to my backups ;)

Below: Another size comparison with the tribally famous 10250 Nukes (and the new STT tail cap).
IMG_3918_zps7e3b6bef.jpg

I know I'll get asked... the trits that will fit are anything thinner than 1.9mm (diameter) and less than 6.8mm long.
I used some 1.4mm x 6.5mm for the photo below and they make for a very elegant match.
IMG_3920_zps81d70734.jpg

For now, I think its mostly XML2 U2's that landed (~6200K), expecting some T6 5000K next week.
As I seem to have quite a waiting list for the HF-R UTT, they might fly out fairly quickly.

I have about 100 of the new momentary switches (pending inspection) and already a handful on reserve so feel free to give me a shout if you think you'd like one as it might be a few months before I get the next batch of those.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just have to add....

These things are so bright its not funny!

I put one on my open palm and held down the momentary switch and my hand was burning in under 2 seconds.

I love it when something like this happens :devil:
Makes all the waiting, long & late nights and shocks and frustrations very much worth the wait :twothumbs

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooh... Kind of makes me one to pop a marshmallow on. Guy, you should create a S'mores toasting attachment head for the HF line. :whistle:

Email sent.

Thanks very much jonwkng,

reply coming with the next hour ;)

What's the price point looking like for a momentary with cap and qtc?

Hi Alex,

The price as a set is $42 (Ti mom-switch = $30, Ti Tail Cap = $12)
This includes the QTC tab (which is still very much a hack, but a nice one at that).

The mom-switch has a micro machined Ti button (which was quite a challenge to make).
The tail-cap has the same groove pattern as the HF-Rs.

Details are posted on my website here

One small note is my website adds a shipping fee of $6 automatically when order are < $50 so its probably wise to add 2 Nukes, then shipping is free.

Tgwnn

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

Confused about this pic as I don't have an HF-R but the HF model.
Does the momentary switch add to the length of the light or does it replace an existing part?
Does the momentary switch come with the flat tailcap with single trip hole or the keyring attachment tail?
Any pics of it on the HF model?

Thanks

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Confused about this pic as I don't have an HF-R but the HF model.
Does the momentary switch add to the length of the light or does it replace an existing part?
Does the momentary switch come with the flat tailcap with single trip hole or the keyring attachment tail?
Any pics of it on the HF model?

Thanks

Hi THE_dAY,

The momentary switch can be used either as a replacement for the rotary switch (3rd light from the right),
or, it can be used together with the rotary switch (5th light from the right).

The momentary switch comes with a the tail cap pictured 3rd from the right.

Sorry about the confusion... :)

I'll post a photo mounted on an HF later this evening.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some photos of the momentary switch with an HF.

I've kept the parts a little loose to make the connection points a little easier to see.

Below: HF slightly opened, with the momentary switch (mom-switch) above it, with no switch cap on the mom-switch.
IMG_0860_zpsb5faa3c7.jpg

Below: HF with mom-switch assembled in-line so you can use both the mom-switch and the standard rotary switch.
IMG_0861_zps1eb1f6e5.jpg

Below: HF with only the mom-switch along with the switch-cap (a cover for the mom-switch when used on its own).
IMG_0862_zps030a871d.jpg

There is a lug/nib in the centre of the switch-cap that allows you to attach a keychain to it.

Hope thats of some help.

Still inspecting HF-R and switch caps.
Expecting to have some HF-Rs in-stock status by Friday.

Tgwnn

invisible_kid

Newly Enlightened
Cool idea. I love the customising options. Prefer the rotar switch but I would love a tail cap clicky. Maby in future?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow thanks for the pics!
Am I correct to assume the momentary switch with tailcap can also screw in directly to the head making it an even smaller light?
This would make it momentary high with a QTC twist for the 10250?

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool idea. I love the customising options. Prefer the rotar switch but I would love a tail cap clicky. Maby in future?

Thanks invisible_kid ;)

Wow thanks for the pics!
Am I correct to assume the momentary switch with tailcap can also screw in directly to the head making it an even smaller light?
This would make it momentary high with a QTC twist for the 10250?

Hi THE_dAY,

The mom-switch will screw into the head directly but there'll be no room for a battery.

For now, the smallest config will be similar to the pic below:
IMG_0859_2_large.jpg

It is quite a hack though and requires removing the spring from the head (to enable OFF) and some QTC in the tail.
Also, in this config, in OFF position, the tail-cap will be just a little open (like the photo above).

Tgwnn
p.s. posted this a couple of hours ago but the server timed out

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mom-switch will screw into the head directly but there'll be no room for a battery.

It is quite a hack though and requires removing the spring from the head (to enable OFF) and some QTC in the tail.
Also, in this config, in OFF position, the tail-cap will be just a little open (like the photo above).
Ah ok, hey thanks for taking the time to explain.
Btw, I'm so impressed with the HF's current twist switch. Love how I can get instant low or high.

wyldthng

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guy
How do I get my paws on one of the new STT tail caps? I would like one to go with the momentary switch I want to get. Are they even available? Love what you've been up to - Tiny is good!!

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wait, Guy... Aren't you describing the super secret MBI Zero Volume Infinity-Drive Nuke? :sssh:

Hey Guy
How do I get my paws on one of the new STT tail caps? I would like one to go with the momentary switch I want to get. Are they even available? Love what you've been up to - Tiny is good!!

Hi wyldthng,
Drop Guy an email. They're good to go, but there are limited pieces until Guy gets more made, so do act fast.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah ok, hey thanks for taking the time to explain.
Btw, I'm so impressed with the HF's current twist switch. Love how I can get instant low or high.

Hi THE_dAY,

My pleasure and thank you for your patience ;)

Hey Guy

Thanks wyldthng (and for the mail too) :D
I finished inspection of everything that landed.
A few too many tail that I'll be sending back but more due towards the end of the coming week.

Wait, Guy... Aren't you describing the super secret MBI Zero Volume Infinity-Drive Nuke? :sssh:
Hi wyldthng,
Drop Guy an email. They're good to go, but there are limited pieces until Guy gets more made, so do act fast.
Thanks jonwkng ;)
My free energy experiments are hanging around my workshop (work room really).
I've tried things from peltier based circuits (the kind that convert temp difference to electricity), radio wave harvesting, as well as some other weird combo's but they all need more time to get somewhere.

Getting ready to add some HF-R STTs to in-stock status. For now its some XML2 U2 with some UTTs and T6 due to be available roughly this time next week.

Tgwnn