Micro ATL G3 and G4

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update, Curt!

I can't decide on the screws yet, let me think about it for a bit and get back to you

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a good Update right there.

464 Naval Brass you say. Sounds like a Movie or TV show name.

I can just hear it by that Movie voice guy: "Naval Brass: staring Caitlyn Jen" She started on the bottom and worked up to the Top Naval Brass"

Thanks for the update. I am still at bit bummed I missed the G3, but I am pumped about the G4. Thank you!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
"464 Naval Brass" does have an interesting ring to it. Thinking more along the lines of ScarJo for the lead in the flick though :naughty:

I can't decide on the screws yet, let me think about it for a bit and get back to you
No problem!

One concern I had was that the shoulder for the countersink on the screws would be different than the stainless screws so I ordered from two different sources. One came in dead on the other would require a different countersink angle. Long story but my point is I can set the countersink up the same and put which ever screw you decide to go with just before shipping.

Thanks!

Curt

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Alright, alright, look what just showed up!!

P6250227_zpsuxi7qsbb.jpg

Have to admit I was hoping for them to show up around 5pm not 8pm but I'll see what I can do!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thats a good Update right there.

464 Naval Brass you say. Sounds like a Movie or TV show name.

I can just hear it by that Movie voice guy: "Naval Brass: staring Caitlyn Jen" She started on the bottom and worked up to the Top Naval Brass"

Thanks for the update. I am still at bit bummed I missed the G3, but I am pumped about the G4. Thank you!

:)

And the tag line is of course, "Our 464 Naval Brass will kick you in the a$$!"

Last edited:

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I didn't have a chance to get it on the buffing wheel and holy smokes this stuff is hard!! But daddy likey!!

P6250229_zpsjlxy9mmq.jpg

I really like the way this brass looks and hard to put a finger on it but it just has a better feel to it than the other brass.
P6250230_zpsltr8rqjk.jpg

P6250231_zpspu2hshek.jpg

I'm afraid the "mirror" polish was pretty rough after the waterjet got through with it and pretty much history after I machined and de-burred, so were back to the original "brushed" finish. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

P6250232_zpscxqbxwxo.jpg

Those just the brass ones?
Afraid so guys. Complicated story but we're fitting these small (relative to the waterjet shops primary business) runs in when the machine shop can schedule it. And when I say "small run" there is still a substantial minimum order. So, the aluminum run paid for the brass run and the brass run will pay for the copper run.

Made a good start tonight but I'm afraid that getting the parts in this late is going to rule out being able to ship any lights out on Friday but look for them to start shipping early next week.

Thanks!

P.S.
"Our 464 Naval Brass will kick you in the a$$!"
Yes it did! Did I mention this stuff is crazy hard? haha

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look with the stainless screws and I don't mind a brushed finish if it's too hard to polish it out

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I'm quite happy to have the brass for now to complement the aluminum I already have.

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Thanks guys, this is a nice looking formulation for sure!!

Sorry but I didn't make that very clear in the above note. I can still do a polished brushed finish or just a brushed finish, same as before. I had thought that I could offer a mirror finish on the 464 brass but It doesn't like that is going to be an option.

Lets do this, if you want to change the polished or non polished option on your light, send me an IM and I will update your order. If I don't get an IM, I will assume that you are sticking with your preference for polished brushed finish or brushed finish only.

Sound good?

Thanks!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Not sure I've had a brushed finish light yet, especially in brass, so I gotta try one.

So I'm fine with the brushed and the stainless screws.

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Had a chance to get this new brass on the buffing wheel and can show you what I mean by a "polished brushed" finish.

Side by side comparison with brushed and polished brushed:
P6260234_zps08adziqx.jpg

P6260233_zpsf7aer054.jpg

P6260235_zpsnx0ox9bf.jpg

P6260237_zpskvza4xr2.jpg

464 brass is new to me and gotta say, I like it, I like it alot! Gonna be a couple of these in my corral for sure.

If you want to change how you want the brass finished on your light, let me know as soon as you can. Plan on getting well into this run over the weekend.

This is what I have as of now:
nfetterly - polished
str8stroke - brushed
light11 - brushed
KuanR - polished
arewethereyetdad - polished
MMM0r - brushed (haven't heard back from you yet. If you want a Micro ATL G4 in brass, let me know)
magellan - brushed
Zoran - brushed

Please let me know if I missed anyone or if you want to make any changes to the finish on your light.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts