Microsoft Outlook problem...any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
To those of you who use Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, we're having a pretty significant problem, and am wondering if anybody else has encountered this, and if so, if it's repairable.

When the program is launched, it soon (within several seconds) aborts with the following message:

oe1.gif

If the link in the box is clicked on, you are then presented with this box:

oe2.gif

The program aborts when the "Send error report" or "Don't send error report" buttons in the first box are clicked, or if the "Close" button on the second box is clicked.

Any ideas folks? :sick:

da.gee

Enlightened
DO you actually use BCM? If not uninstall it and see if Outlook works.

ragweed

Enlightened
you can also get Thunderbird which is nice. Craig ... what happened to the Led Museum? Is it down for good?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
DO you actually use BCM? If not uninstall it and see if Outlook works.
BINGO!!!
That was it!!! :twothumbs

This is my mother's computer, and she had no idea that BCM was even installed in there, and she quickly gave me permission to s***can it posthaste. :thumbsup:

It's working properly now, thank you!!! :thanks:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
you can also get Thunderbird which is nice. Craig ... what happened to the Led Museum? Is it down for good?

This is my mother's installation...and she's pretty adamant about keeping Outlook.

The LED Museum *WAS* offline for a very short time because my ISP decided to get out of the webhosting racket (after no less than 11 years!) and allow all of their subscribers with websites to quietly go down the tube. :shakehead
But I quickly got the content transferred to a new webhost and had my domain pointed toward it...so you can access it via either:

http://www.ledmuseum.org
or
http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/led/ledleft.htm (this option bypasses the "splash screen" that some people hate)

burgessdi

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you got it fixed!!! Outlook has given me nothing but grief. I look forward to trying out Thunderbird!

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been computering since Windows 3.1 and have never used Outlook. But I've seen it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.