• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milky modded LS20 Price drop-SOLD-

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: up for sale is my Milky modded LS20. Tale of the tape ( Cree XPG-R43D CustFab Alum Sink Cust Fab Indexing Ring ) This light is in very good condition with a few light scratches and 1 about 1/4 inch long that I can slightly feel with my finger nail. There is no red polish on the LE. The outer flood LEDs have not been swapped out $600.00 shipped. First I'll take it Over All PM's....Thanks for looking...Robert ...Price drop to 585.00 Shipped...USA and Canada.....Everyone is concerned about the deeper scratch. It is very slight to my fingernail. This light is in very good condition with a very good tint....Robert

Last edited:

LupinIII

Enlightened
Re: F/S Milky modded McGizmo LS20 USA-Canada only

I'll take it - you have PMs.

Woohoo!

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

:thumbsup: up for sale is my Milky modded LS20. Tale of the tape ( Cree XPG-R43D CustFab Alum Sink Cust Fab Indexing Ring ) This light is in very good condition with a few light scratches and 1 about 1/4 inch long that I can slightly feel with my finger nail. There is no red polish on the LE. The outer flood LEDs have not been swapped out $600.00 shipped. First I'll take it Over All PM's....Thanks for looking...Robert

Does that mean primaries only ?

What did milky mod, apart from the LED swap? Still have the standard McGizmo LS UI ?

Would like to see photos, if possible ... Thanks !

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does that mean primaries only ?

What did milky mod, apart from the LED swap? Still have the standard McGizmo LS UI ?

Would like to see photos, if possible ... Thanks !
No red polish means it can take rechargeables and yes it has the standard UI.... I will have to run the lights to a friends house for pics. Hopefully in a few days........Robert

archimedes

Flashaholic

No red polish means it can take rechargeables and yes it has the standard UI.... I will have to run the lights to a friends house for pics. Hopefully in a few days........Robert

Thanks much ... interested to see the pictures, when available. Cheers!

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here is an Email I received from Scott-Milky

Your LS20 is finished. I went a little overboard on this one: gutted the stock light, fabricated a custom heatsink that quite honestly, is far more effective than the stock one (the custom-fabricated version is much thicker and snugs into a pair of stairsteps in the lower portion of the head); fabricated a tiny aluminum extension that slips over the bottom of the reflector and likewise around the ceramic square base of the LED; used my last CreeXPG-R43D neutral white emitter (3D being a tint directly on the Planckian curve, and hard to source); and finally, replacing the stock wiring with a more flexible teflon-jacketed stranded 30AWG. Finally, I applied Krytox lubricant to the o-ring that rotates in the body, hopefully for smoother twist action. I did not replace the side LEDs as I have nothing suitable on hand (or put another way: nothing that I'd be proud to install). Perhaps that could be the subject of a later upgrade, if I happen to come across some worthy replacements.

Cost for the work is $150. That's a little higher than I'd wanted to bill you, but I ended up spending the entire afternoon and evening on your light. The $150 pricing is a balance between what would have covered the labor adequately, and something still in the realm of affordability for you. I hope it's okay for your budget.

Dadof6

Enlightened

Backup I think. (Meaning it looks like someone has said they'll take it but if they don't I will)