Mini review of nuwai 5 watt led

billgr

Newly Enlightened
i just got the nuwai 5watt led ALX-352l....uses 2x 123 batts...has high medium and low....on medium its still considerably brighter than my SL tl2 led (1st generation)....fit and finish is very very good.....over built like a tank.....about the size of my EL XM3 even the silver color was nice---based on the web pics the silver looks aweful, BUT it is very nice and not garish at all.....great knurling- good threads - fits the hand very nicely.....very nice pouch with it......no place for a lanyard though.....at $75 this will be my #1 outdoor EDC
available at golden gadgets and advanced mart

no wonder it got 4.5 stars from quickbeam!!

BIG hotspot and very useful side beam.....all in all this is a Winner!!

Bill

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I think that Nuwai has more than one 5w light....a model number would lessen the confusion at to which light you are reviewing.

Geode

Enlightened
Thanks for posting this review - I have been interested in this light. Can you comment on the quality of the beam?

White? Donut hole, rings, or artifacts?

billgr

Newly Enlightened
no artifacts, or ring, or holes....its the whitest led i have....up till now my SL tl2 led was the whitest....but not any more....LARGE hotspot useful side spill....
.indoors, medium setting is plenty bright enough

Roy

Also the switch has a 4th function....hold the switch down for 3-4 seconds and the light will start to flash.....just incase you need a beacon!

flash99dark

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the Nuwai ALX-352L has become my favorite LED. I no longer feel bad that I do not yet have a Surefire L6. billgr...use this with the Pilas' 150s for real savings....william

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really impressed by the 352. I didn't think it would be as good as I have found it to be. I have 2 now. I noticed that the Nuwai website has a very large number of luxeon lights available (page needs updating though...still has old 053). I'd like to try to get a couple of the other lights listed. I really like the construction, look and feel of these lights. I'm especially interested in some of the 1 watt lights for light duty work. I did a search for the ALX-713C 1w using 3 c batteries, but could find virtually nothing. Does anyone know if there are online dealers (anybody?)selling these other Nuwai lights directly? Thanks

Frank
from snowy Cape Cod 38"

A

Advancedmart

I have one sample of a ALX-233C, has features and looks of a silver ALX-352l, but its a little bigger uses 3 x "C" cell and is 3W. I only have one, if you are interested let me know by PM. I'm asking $60 shipped priority mail. It has the 3 power levels and the flashing mode.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry, I didn't get to the computer till 1:30EST. sounds just like what I am looking for (A silver alkaline c driven light).
I like the silver color as it is more visible in the field (non security related). If it is still available, I am definitely interested. Will send private email on details.
Thanks!!

Frank

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
My cabelas xpg is a 3 cr123 cell light too by those folks. I do not recall the model number, but it is listed in my sig string. It is a white square beam with just a high and low setting.

A

Advancedmart

The 3W 3 xc cell flashlight above is now spoken for. fieldops got it.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the ALX-233C. Nice Light! Operation is smooth like the 352. Nice bright 3W. I will give it a runtime test over the weekend. Many thanks to AdvancedMart for the heads up and good fast service! Much appreciated. I wish this light was generally available. I think folks would like it. I'd love to have another, but am very thankful to get one at all. Thanks again Advancedmart!

xoham

Newly Enlightened
ALX-233C

[ QUOTE ]
fieldops said:
I will give it a runtime test over the weekend. Many thanks to AdvancedMart for the heads up and good fast service! Much appreciated. I wish this light was generally available. I think folks would like it. I'd love to have another, but am very thankful to get one at all. Thanks again Advancedmart!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be really interested in the runtime numbers, AND any change in availability. Sounds like a good light for me.

Roy

Re: ALX-233C

Let's not hijack this thread. If you're going to review a ALX-233C, then start a new thread.