MLB 2005 Playoffs

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Looks like the Astros are playing the White Sox in the World Series this year.

The first game of this year's World Series will be in Chicago at 4:30pm PDT (7:30pm EDT) this Saturday (10-22-05).

Last edited:

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck Yea! Finally to say the least. Now we will see what kind of crowd the Astros can pull in Chicago, as many of them will not be rooting for the White Sox...I would suspect that any Cubs fan is going for Astros. Can anyone here confirm that?

Cameron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go Houston in the World Series I says. I'm primarily the National league fan...

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Real Sox fans don't give a bleepty-bleepy who the Cub fans are rooting for.
As expressed so well by Andy the Clown (RIP) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUU WHITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a die hard Cubs fan, and there's no way I'll root for the White Sox. There are suddenly tons of "fair weather" fans of the Sox lately, and if they win, I along with the other Cubs faithful will not hear the end of it. We get the same thing with some of the Green Bay Packer fans living here in Illinois. But as soon as the Sox are a bad team again, where will those fans be? It seems that some people are only interested in associating themselves with "winners". While that makes things a lot of fun, it kind of cheapens things at the same time.

I'm sure the true White Sox fans don't really care if the Cubs fans root for the Sox. I wouldn't expect them to root for the Cubs when we make the playoffs.

There are great differences (GENERALLY) between Cubs fans and White Sox fans. I'm sure it's just like how it is in New York ans Los Angeles.

As for me, I'll happily cheer for the Astros!

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
and the whole irony of this playoff is all the aces were yankee alumnae. and if heredia was caught with steroids why cant clemens? the guy is built like bonds. why has clemens body not break down yet like most 43 year olds? in any event i dont care who wins, just not clemens, the f-ing cheater!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I sort of abanded the Astros after we were forced again our wills and they got a new playpen.

I didn't even pay much attention during the season.

Then I was watching and got crushed when Lige hung one and Pulos (I bet I'm crushing their names!) SMASHED it!

The I got up at 3am Yesterday, drove a 600 mile day, and stayed up until they won!

I'll be all over the Astros come Saturday!

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I grew up on the SouthSide of Chicago and still live there 42 years later. Going to old Comiskey Park to watch the Sox play with my Dad and brother were some great times that I'll never forget or be able to put into words. Dad won't set foot in the new ball park maybe when my son is a little older he will go with us. Anyway I'm happy for the team and for the fans. If a few people want to jump on the band wagon who really cares? That's the reward of having a winning team. My wife had our new son watching most of the games this year. But he really gets excited watching Chicago Bears Football!

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I just now read that MLB has forced Minute Maid Park, where the Astros play, to have its roof open. That really pisses me off. Right now, we have the Home Field advantage, and if they are not going to let us do what helps us most, then whats the freaking point of it? They said our stadium was louder than ever, when Atlanta and St Louis were in town, but now its not during the time the Astros need it most. Bud Selig is now a loser for making this decision...I just dont understand what a Homefield advantage is anymore.

Having the roof open is completely inside the rules of play. Whenever this type of game goes on, the home team gets to choose how everything is played and done out. They chose how the grass gets cut even, so that if they are more of a ground ball hitting team, the grass will be thicker in the infield to slow the ball down and have a better change of making it to first base...but no, not for the Astros. This is absolutly obsurd...

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh come on, you cant mean bud is a loser! he needs to add to his legacy! exciting baseball at any cost! the wild card, the home run race between sosa and mcguire, barry bonds 800 home runs and the umpires that were sent by bud to ensure the black sox clean their image and win the world series. after all, 88 years is a lot longer than 43 years! so i have to defend bud selig. he adds excitement to baseball. integrity, not so sure about that, but these fans dont care, bud sees that. so if he can add fannies to the ballpark, more power to him!

TorchMan

Enlightened
Well, I have to say congrats to the White Sox, they played well, and have for quite a few games now.

Even though we were swept, we finally got to the World Series. I know the goal is to win it all, but we broke new ground. I'm still proud of the Astros and what they accomplished this season, even if we did fall short.

Latest posts