Mod work?

Chainsaw

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, new here. I introduced myself in the noob section and im sorry if im not doing things right, i haven't figured this all out yet. I just recently took a pic of most of my stuff for the intro, and I realized that there are a few lights I would like to have work done on. For example when I was learning about high CRI, I bought the TM03 nitecore because I wanted a dedicated nasty thrower, which at the time I thought was the cats meow for me, and I love the light...but I bought the high CRI version...which kinda kills its ability as a thrower. I wish I'd gotten a different led option instead. So, things like having that led changed. Mostly minor stuff. Is there a person or place by the Sacramento area who can do that stuff? I'm sure we all have things we'd like to change, and lights we want that don't quite exist yet... but some of the parts might. Sorry...long winded. I'll end now. Thanks for reading!!! -GC

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey,
Consider selling that TM03; some of us exclusively use hi CRI flashlights, knowing that the slight reduced reach is offset by being better able to distinguish colors.

Selling can be accomplished here on CPF by becoming a member; a worthy gesture as well.

You can also learn how to make your own modifications…

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted a dedicated nasty thrower

Here's you a nasty thrower for $24: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801787271448.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.60.4e075e334wbvz3&pdp_npi=3@dis!USD!US $24.43!US $24.43!!!!!@210321ea16851340026396291e8825!12000020893431801!sh!US!0&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

And here's you the nastiest of nasty LED throwers for $99: Select the W2.1 LED

And here's an option that's a ton of lumens and puts out a whole bunch of light:

And if you want to buy a Merican made thrower then there's this guy:

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A person can go to Vinh's website: skylumen.com

He is doing a thread over at the other flashlight forum (takes me about 5 minutes usually to see what is going on there, maybe every few days)

Candlepowerforums is where I belong. jon slider makes good posts over there, amongst a few others who also belong here.

"I loved CPF…I still do actually. But I won't likely post much there anymore. I still wont likely post much here either…Having 2 young ones takes up most of my free time. But I do plan to post here more."

Chainsaw

Newly Enlightened
That's hilarious M@elstrom! But also... disturbingly... accurate for the most part. I have several of some of the ones I like most. :)

Kerneldrop, thanks for some fantastic leads! What do you think of the Wurrkos ts30s?

I've been meaning to get into convoy, but I haven't figured out what model I like best yet. General purposes really, so probably the S21e. Too bad it doesn't have anduril.
-GC

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would look into getting a Proxxon metal lathe, buy some high quality brass stock, and mod things as you see fit.

It seems cheaper in the long run to do it yourself. You don't have to fabricate everything since there are all kinds of good parts like switches and led drop ins.

Latest posts