• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoo Triad Tailcap Black

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
I noticed there are some glow in the dark white ones available right now, but when (if at all) will the black ones be available again?
I'm building a light and none of my Surefire tailcaps fit well with my FM C2 like body, and my Cryos 32 cooling bezel...
Plus my idea for this build was to have a light with no Surefire parts....just for a change and to be different.
Thanks,
Derek

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been several delays in the production of the latest batch of Triads. There is no official ETA for black or natural HA ones at the moment.

I've been waiting for one of each for months, and will be happy to receive them before summer. This topic has been disucssed in the Oveready / TorchLAB - ETA Requests thread...in this section.

skfurr1

Newly Enlightened
Maybe also remember to do one or two in each of "fire" and "ice?"

I wonder how many hosts they produced in those colors?

SK

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I go to their site, I look for them.....just in case. :)

I've now moved the Black HA McClicky'd Z41 (with the unused Black HA Z44) from an Oveready 9P that will receive a Triad, to a yellow G2. I'm definitely ready myself.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Maybe also remember to do one or two in each of "fire" and "ice?"

I wonder how many hosts they produced in those colors?

163 total + testers, spread across 4 models and 2 colors.

Tom basically spent the sum of last year working on this 3rd batch of Triads. We've learned a lot and its looking good now and it should be repeatable. Its easy enough to put them through the red or blue process but given the special surface treatment they require, they would not match parts (i.e., surefire hosts) that were finished with a stripping process.

I expect to have more news in a few weeks...

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking about a Malkoff Hound Dog, the dealbreaker could be whether I can put a Triad Tail on it, preferably Zerores second best McClicky. Does anyone know if it will work?

flat-ray

Enlightened
It works fine! I have a Hound Dog with MD3 body and Triad tail fitted with McClicky.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fits and works fine with the McClicky. Can't remember whether I ever tried the Zero Rez but don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

DSCF3395.jpg

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad idea to put one of these on a nitrolon G3 body?

best tail cap ever, & considering reacquiring one, but no longer have my 6p.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will make the nitrolon host heavier if you're into weight, but I don't see an issue with it on the G3. Probably looks great.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will make the nitrolon host heavier if you're into weight, but I don't see an issue with it on the G3. Probably looks great.

Oh ok thanks. I was more worried about whether it would work the same (short travel lockout), and wear & tear/durability than I was about weight or looks.

I noticed under "compatibility" for the triad, oveready lists every series except g, and for instance on their bezel listings, they do specifically mention g series compatible. Could just be an oversight.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can probably ask them to be safe. Maybe the plastic body does not work well with the triad from their testing. I no longer have a G2 to test it out for you.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Notice how Oveready sells a delrin tailcap for the P series and a different delrin tailcap for the G series. They talk about the outside diameter being different, but nothing about thread differences. Can anyone check to see if the threads look more coarse on the G series tailcap than the P series?

CandlePowerForums App

Last edited:

Latest posts