Moisture on the Reflector

ico

Enlightened
I noticed the reflector of my Fenix E21 looks white when it's on. When off, it looks like any other reflector but definitely does not look like any when on. I guess it looks like when you exhale on a glass.

I don't what caused the moisture but the last time I lent it so someone, he was in a cold classroom or the time my brother brought it to swimming. Can any of those caused that?

What can I do to remove that moisture without disassembling the head?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix advertises the E21 as "waterproof." As a swimming pool owner I can tell you that many "waterproof" lights don't like swimming. I've had some success drying parts by leaving them in the sun on a warm day and bringing them in at night. Do that for several days should help remove moisture. You can also put it in a bowl of uncooked dry rice for a few days. The rice will help pull moisture out.

ico

Enlightened
I see.

the moisture is on the reflector though, could the uncooked riced still suck the moisture out of that?

slingsy

Newly Enlightened
I see.

the moisture is on the reflector though, could the uncooked riced still suck the moisture out of that?

Worth a try, sometimes works with mobile phones that were submerged too. You could also try silica gel satchels.

ico

Enlightened
I mean the head cannot be disassembled, so the rice can only be as close as where the lens is.

Oh well, I guess I'll try first leaving it in the sun for sometime then try the rice after

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a similar case (not an E21 though) I left the head alone in the sunshine for a whole windy day and the problem was cured. If there is a way in for moisture the same can be used to dry out the innards of the head but IMO you need some moving air to achieve the result. You can also try a hair dryer with the temperature set to low.

xian13

Newly Enlightened
I see.

Not sure about the rice for the head, but have you tried turning it on high until the moisture burns off? Just a thought, as some lights heat up rather nicely.

kts

Enlightened
Are you sure its moisture? I have seen 3 foggy lenses on new ligts lately, 1 fenix and 2 jetbeams, only cure is to open the head and clean it or send it back for a refund.
I recently bought 3 jetbeam BA20, 2 of them had this foggy looking lenses, I could see it was on the inside, I opened the heads on them and cleaned the lens and there has not been fog on them since.