More Target Clearances

InfidelCastro

Banned
Unfortunately for me, Target is in the process of building a larger store at the other end of the parking lot, so they haven't had a decent inventory of flashlights since last fall.

Ikonomi

Enlightened
I saw these clearance deals at my Target today (Houston Meyerland). I didn't notice the River Rock headlamps on clearance... Inova X5s, Brinkmann 3LED 2Ds, Dorcy 3D Super 1 Watts were all 30% off, however. I wonder why they're clearing these items out... I really hope they aren't going to stop carrying the RR headlamp. I'll have to pick up another if I find it on clearance.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
The 2AAA River Rock headlamp is an excellent headlamp. I was in the bottom of the Grand Canyon last Oct on a moonless night, and it was my lamp of choice to hike out of a precarious rocky trail leading out of Clear Creek camp. So light you don't even know you're wearing it.

2 stage light, too. Excellent deal at the $14.99 price I paid for it.

I prefer it over my $50 Tikka XP headlamp.

DaveG

Enlightened
I picked up a blue RR headlight for half off but the black was full price, a new target opened in another town and only has the black model in stock,looks like they are dumping just the blue color.

carrot

Flashaholic
Just visited the Target near me. No clearance sales yet, but the River Rock 2AAA headlamps are plentiful on the shelves at $15. Inova Microlights at normal price. I'm not sure, but I thought the X5 was at $20... or maybe the X5s were hanging from the wrong price tag. I don't remember now. I'll check again next week, or maybe sooner.

No Nite-Ize stuff.

I'm hoping they'll drop the price on the big Mags again...

PJ

Enlightened
I found 4 gray Dorcy 3D 1 watt lights (with the rubber grip) at one store for $15.48 and a black one with some focusing and a knurled grip for the same price. I also found one copper and one blue 4D mag for $11.82. Other colors weren't on sale. One store had Inova X5's with the blue LEDs for 24.98, I believe on clearance. I didn't see any others on sale.

Does anyone know the cycle of clearance prices at Target? Some stores had only bulbs on clearance and others had all the stuff mentioned on this thread. One store had about 20 of the blue headlights for $10.48, I'd like to try and catch it when the price drops again.

Last edited:

DieselTech

Enlightened
The Target here in Nashville had 4D Mags marked down to eight dollars and change. I picked up a copper one, and almost bought a MiniMag for the regular price just because I'd never seen them in copper before. Inova X5 lights were still about 35 bucks. I may go back tommorrow and see if anything else is marked down.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
As for the logic/timing of clearances at Target stores I have heard it is entirely up to the manager of each store how it works. I have gone to 3 Target stores and found differing results every time. Sometimes a store is at 15-30% and others at %50 or even 75%.
I managed one time to find out when the next markdown was and got an eveready 2LED headlamp for $3.24 for my effort.