My T1A just saved my life...kind of

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I can top that "face hugger" spider from Zeurel, but I do have to say, I use my flashlight around the house (especially the basement) since I have these little buggers running around fast as lightning! Their legs are poisonous an paralyzes their victims, but only prove irritating to the human skin... I absolutely hate these house centipedes! Darn floods!

house_centipede.jpg

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have a bigtime Black/brown widow problem in my garage and my pool deck. I hate em, there is nothing you can do. Kill em they come back, kill em they come back. Leave something sitting around for too long, there will be a dozen egg sacks on it, each with tons of lil widow babies in it.... :(

experimentjon

Newly Enlightened
Yikes. The worst things I've spotted with my flashlight are those huge B-52 cockroaches. We don't have rattlesnakes or black widows in Hawaii. Thank god. Because if I ever saw one, I'd probably be reduced to a very scared baby. I think the small roaches in my place are frightening enough and reproduce too quickly. Black widow egg sacks all over the place would be awful.

bighottaco

Newly Enlightened
You must name your T1a "Sting" Frodo's dagger that was able to pierce the spider Shelob!
By the way are there any stories of a high powered LED scaring bears away. One reason I'm buying a 200 lumen surefire is for camping.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is creepy I to have a bit of arachnophobia and I live out in the country, my light saves me every night from webs and spiders.

You think there may be a link to arachnophobia and flashaholic?

entoptics

Enlightened
This thread is creepy I to have a bit of arachnophobia and I live out in the country, my light saves me every night from webs and spiders.

You think there may be a link to arachnophobia and flashaholic?

Absolutely. I'm also certain there's a link between arachnophobia and ice cream.

When was the last time you met a person who loved spiders AND ice cream (or beef jerky, computers, or silk shirts for that matter)

chris23

Newly Enlightened
I hate spiders and bugs!, As crazy as it sounds I'd prefer having to deal with someone trying to rob me than bugs

Roger999

Enlightened
Roger. that pic scared the *** out of me but, I doubt it to be true. Looking online, I've seen the same pic from different angles. The bird doesn't move and the spider doesn't move either... Not denying that there are spiders that eat birds but, one that catches them with a web with skinny legs like that? Hmmmm.

Still a BLEEPING scary picture though!!
The pic is taken from someone's backyard, it even made the newspapers and news in Australia.