Need a Surefire dealer in Japan for A2

JackZ8r

Newly Enlightened
I have seen this special Surefire A2 that is for Japanese dealers only. Has sort of a Scalloped bezel…for self-defense. It also allows you to see if light is on if you set it upright.

The only place to buy is Japan I guess? Anyone have any Japanese Internet dealer I can order one from?

Thanks
Jack

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
That A2 is called a "Porcupine." I don't think it's available domestically...

--dan

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a member that could get them for $200. Do a search for porcupine and you should find it. I was going to order, but kind of hesistant on sending $200 to a new member.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jackz8r. Found one here.
http://www.interq.or.jp/ox/frontier/home/
1US$ is about 108Yen now, so it's about 300Dollars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif! Don't know if they will ship to the US either.
I've seen one NIB on a Japanese auction site which went for about 230$ too.
They are too expensive for me, I'm planning to get a GG&G TID in the future. Is close enough for me. Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zaoc

Newly Enlightened
I can understand about not sending money to a new member. Only one member took me up on the offer. I can get more after the holidays. I expect to get the one ordered this week and turn it right back around and get it in the mail. BTW Love mine.

TrevorG

Newly Enlightened
At least Zaoc didn't say "only one idiot took me up on that offer"... What the heck it's only 200 bucks right?
I will let you guys know when I get it.

Thanks again Zaoc!
Trevor

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
TrevorG, are your tempting me to re-import one from Zaoc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif?
Sure seems cheaper than buying from a dealer here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

JackZ8r

Newly Enlightened
Latest from Surefire -- The "Porcupine" version is only manufactured for the Japanese market as it is illegal to own firearms in Japan and they use this particular version for self defense.

It is therefore considered a weapon and according to Surefire it is illegal for them to supply it into any other market other than Japan.

TrevorG

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted everyone to know that I now have an A2 Porcupine in my possession thanks to Zaoc! I love this thing!

-Trevor