Will they fit in an A2 Aviator? Keeppower 3V regulated RCR123

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh. Got ya. I know they are pretty long. If they did fit width wise they would probably be to long as well.

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
I tried them before and they did not fit in mine. I'm using soshine lfp cells. They fit and are a better option
Any long-term signs that the LEDs aren't taking the slight overdrive well? (dimming, color shift, etc). I'm guessing they're fine because you didn't mention a problem but I figured I'd check as a matter of mild paranoia.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, there has been no issues. Realistically, the voltage is the same as it would be with two fresh primary cells. They are slightly brighter, but I don't think it will be an issue. People routinely use 3.7 V batteries with no issues, I'm over a full volt blow that. My reasoning with going with LFP cells, is two things. One is that I knew they would fit. Two is that it's safe to discharge them until the lamp turns off. Which would be 2 V per cell. That would be very bad to do with regular lithium ions. Protected would be fine, but a lot of them don't fit.

shawndumas

Newly Enlightened

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
No, there has been no issues. Realistically, the voltage is the same as it would be with two fresh primary cells. They are slightly brighter, but I don't think it will be an issue. People routinely use 3.7 V batteries with no issues, I'm over a full volt blow that. My reasoning with going with LFP cells, is two things. One is that I knew they would fit. Two is that it's safe to discharge them until the lamp turns off. Which would be 2 V per cell. That would be very bad to do with regular lithium ions. Protected would be fine, but a lot of them don't fit.
Thank you for the detailed explanation vicv, this is exactly what I wanted to know

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is with CDR. The lamp draws about 1.5A. Those cells are good for 1A max. And the capacity is half. I mean it's up to you, but for $10 I'd get the right ones