Need Help Picking a Torch w/out rear on/off

GotLight

Newly Enlightened

:help:
Hello, Newbee Duane here.....
I'm still looking to fill one last lighting need for when I have to walk through apartment complex's at night.
So please advise or recommend
My needs & wants in order of importance::thumbsup:

Front on/off button ( like a C or D size Mag or the Husky 4watt 2xD,with a button that light's before it clicks on )
Small pocket sized ( Led Lenser P7 / SF 6P / Ect )
Bright Thrower ( 100L + )
Alkaline Batts ( 2xAA / 3xAAA or 18650 is OK too... only going to be used for brief moments )
Aluminum body
Spring Clip ( belt holster might be OK too... )
Single LED ( for the throw )

Don't need or want ::thumbsdow

Rear Button ( on/off )
large bezel
flood beam
Multi function ( hi/low strobe )
Color led
900 L
Long running time

:sigh: My Choice's seem endless if I wanted the "rear clicky " , but i don't.
I tried one with the rear on/off and after a week was still uncomfortable
Another problem are the size of my hands & thumbs ( my feet are size 15 , I'm 6' 7" )
Most of the use is a quick push "on" then release

Thanks in Advance for any & all Advice & Recommendations.

Duane, in Sunny Phoenix , AZ

Wyeast

Enlightened
How are you with rear twisties rather than clickies? I don't know of many 2AA type lights w/ side switches. I know my old Pelican Stealthlite 4AA has a side flip-switch, but I don't know of a light for them in the same size that's a 100-lumen type LED.

Something like an Inova Bolt 2AA works just fine for me as a general purpose "Walkin' around" light. (it's only around 60-80 lumens tho. Visibly dimmer tho' not MUCH dimmer than 100 lumen light like my L1T)

There is an intermittent function by pressing the rear button. It also works if you push the whole tailcap, if that helps, too. :) Not a real good thrower tho' - but it lights up within 50' of you ok. Past that you're looking at maybe a Task Force 2C, except it's a little big, and a tail clicky.

Good luck!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try some of the Mr. Bulk (Charlie Wong) Lionhearts, LionCubs, Chameleons, Dragons, Stainless Dragons....side button UI with programming capabilities...some of which work with 123s and have 18650 capabilities with after-market tubes...

Karl

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe this one?
ML3W2AAE-IND-LPENR.jpg

Or this one?
ML1W2AAE-IND-LPENR.jpg

Seen here: http://www.energizer.com/products/flashlights/worklights/Pages/flexible-rubber-work.aspx

I bought the 1W one (but would have the 3W one if I had found it first) for exactly the same reasons you list. I hate tailcap switches with a vengeance, but the downside of the side switch is that it makes the light longer. You have to weigh up size against convenience...

Latest posts