New and wondering my limits...

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Well first off all :welcome:. Now after reading your post many times(Specifically the part where you ask is there any better) all I have to say is,YES!!!!There are much, much better lights out better than that. Infact, there are so many better lights that it's just overwhelming and I really don't know where to start. **Cough** 10x, L1, L2, L4, L5, Fenix T1, M6 **Cough**:whistle: Oh im sorry, did I write that outloud? Well any way you have a lot to discover, enjoy.

-Evan

mfuller30127

Newly Enlightened
Thansk for the kind welcomes!

That aspheric lenses looks pretty b4dazz.

How much do Q5 Cree LEDs cost? They're the current top of the line, right?

Then put two and two together and I'll have myself a minimonster(for me anyways)

mfuller30127

Newly Enlightened
Are there ones that fit a minimag? I can't seem to find anything...

You all are so helpful...thanks!

PS- If anyone has an Aurora WF-600 Q5 2-Mode Cree LED Flashlight... that they dont use/want to selll... I ahve PayPal so hit me up cause it looks sick! I just don't have the money for it. =[

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Sorry but none that I know off will fit the minimag.

You would also need a driver and the right batteries.

mfuller30127

Newly Enlightened
darn. Welll it was a good thought while ti lasted...

I think I'll save up for the UltraFire C2 or the Romisen RC-T5.

One question.... are those two types of batteries rechargeable?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You mean the 18650 batteries?

Yes, all of then are rechargeable from my knowledge. I'd buy protected batteries because this will drastically reduce the chances of an exploding battery due to overcharge and overdischarge.

If you are looking for a thrower, these lights from my above post:

3W Cree Projection
WF-600
WF-800
Aurora 600 Q5
Aurora 800 Q5

Will throw more then the C2 and probably more then the T4. Bigger and deeper reflector.

Saiga

Enlightened
(quote) Just read the posts my friend. You will learn plenty. Lots of respected brands to read about here. I've listed some below. Read and Just have fun. Welcome to CPF!

Surefire
Tiablo
Fenix
Olight
Wolfeyes
Myshondt Nautilus
Photon--Proton Pro
LumaPower
Dereelight
HDS
Novatac

Good recomendations, but two glaring omissions are Streamlight and Inova. These are both very high quality, fairly low cost,made in USA,lifetime guarantee, manufacturers. Keep in mind, Inova is supposedly upgrading their LED's soon, the new lights expected in february,IIRC.

and,of course.......:welcome:

fluoronator

Newly Enlightened
There are many other lights that will give you more output for a similar price. Look at the Cree/Seoul/Rebel section of Dealextreme for lights getting good reviews. For example, this light has the same output as the Maglite 4D. Shipping will take a month though.

This light looks almost indistinguishable from a light sold at Target under the brand name "River Rock".

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's two different lights.

The DX one has a more efficient LED(More then twice as efficient) and is much brighter and is also cheaper.

Of course, you won't have to wait a month for the light to arrive though.