New Battery Technology could revolutionize LED flashlights.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a link to a nanotechnology article regarding new structures for Lithium-Ion and Nickel-Metal Hydride battery types which allow recharge and discharge rates up to 400C-1000C.

http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nnano.2011.38.html

This new battery structure is claimed to be able to recharge the battery to 90% within 2 minutes!

It would be great for electric cars, but it also might mean almost instant recharges for our flashlight batteries, and enable us to use high-current drive LED emitters without concern of blowing up the battery from over-draw.

Pretty cool!

I realize that this may get moved to the battery forum, but I wanted to post it here first, so that the Hi-Power LED flashlight enthusiasts could get a look at it.

I realize that this may get moved to the battery forum, but I wanted to post it here first, so that the Hi-Power LED flashlight enthusiasts could get a look at it.
Yes, I'm moving it. I'm sure the "Hi-Power LED Flashlight enthusiasts" visit the Batteries section too; their lights won't be working very well if they never go there.

It is a nuisance when members deliberately post in the wrong section just because they think it will reach a wider circulation. Please do not do it again.

Looks like an interesting article. Too bad they want to charge $18 to purchase the article to read it all, or subscribe @ $152 to get the full article.
Either way, I'll take 2 x CR123A's and 2 x 18650's please, might add a 14500 in there too :)

I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk