New Cree MC-E lights

NickBose

Enlightened
There are a swarm of new Cree MC-E lights and I am curious as to why none of them has lumen ratings? What should I expect in lumen and in lux in comparison to current Cree R2 and SSC P7? :thinking:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumen ratings are very innacurate. Many chinese manufacturers say that their cheap P7 have 900lm. It's bull..it. 900lm is max for P7 - properly driven and heatsinked. Actual current to emitter varies from 1,8 to over 3A. Real brightness? 400-800lm...

cheetokhan

Enlightened
There are a swarm of new Cree MC-E lights and I am curious as to why none of them has lumen ratings? What should I expect in lumen and in lux in comparison to current Cree R2 and SSC P7? :thinking:

I noticed a new batch of them today at a particularly 'extreme' website. I'd post a few links, but that seems to be a no-no here.
Anyway- there are a couple that look interesting. I don't want any blinky, disco modes, so that narrows it down a bit. And they all seem to run a little low on current. Is the MC-E not able to handle as much current as the P7?
Or is it just a heat issue?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the lights have manufacturer rating, however they are lower comparing to P7, 410 lumens vs 900 lumens.

Also the runtime and modes are wrong:
-1.5 hours runtime at 2800ma with a 2400mah cell
-Low mode is 100lms, at 1000ma