• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New flashlight: The Copperhead [interest / description / sales] thread

Is the smooth bezel now getting a "bevel" at the output end? and also is there a chance of seeing the HD bezel installed on a body? I cant decide.
also woould like the moon mode on mine .

Thanx!!
I did a couple that way but it was very hard to control the positioning, so I'll be switching to a straight cut and then filing a smaller bevel onto it. I'll be taking pics of the first 2 off the line, which will be one smoothy and one HD. I'll hold off of yours until I hear back.

flyback

Newly Enlightened
Confirming my 25° lens. If it's not to late I'd like L/M/H WITH memory. I think I just saw that the default was going to be no memory. I'd like memory (for the flashlight also.) Did I mention that I'd like memory? I forget...

Ready looking forward to this!!!

Confirming my 25° lens. If it's not to late I'd like L/M/H WITH memory. I think I just saw that the default was going to be no memory. I'd like memory (for the flashlight also.) Did I mention that I'd like memory? I forget...

Ready looking forward to this!!!

You're good. I haven't sealed yours yet. Please send programming deposit when you can.

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Dan.

I hate to be a pain, but lets change my optic back to 25 degree and I'd like to add memory to my LMH output.

I am probably going to wind up using this for machine inspections at work so Ill Need the wider beam amd I dont want to be cycling through modes once I like my output settings..... I am sorry to flip flop again but I want to be sure I make the right choice.

I see that I 'm coming up soon I think....please make sure I have your paypal...I'll pay you in full when my turn comes up....I think we did a transaction before, I may still have it....not sure.
This light looks really nice and thank you for putting the time and effort into bringing us another exclusive CPF custom not available anywhere else...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Dan.

I hate to be a pain, but lets change my optic back to 25 degree and I'd like to add memory to my LMH output.

I am probably going to wind up using this for machine inspections at work so Ill Need the wider beam amd I dont want to be cycling through modes once I like my output settings..... I am sorry to flip flop again but I want to be sure I make the right choice.

I see that I 'm coming up soon I think....please make sure I have your paypal...I'll pay you in full when my turn comes up....I think we did a transaction before, I may still have it....not sure.
This light looks really nice and thank you for putting the time and effort into bringing us another exclusive CPF custom not available anywhere else...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yes, we've done 2 transactions! :thumbsup: No problem on the changes. Its all good until I seal the pill, and then you bought it. Even then, if you change your mind, you are out $10 and no hard feelings. I'll make another one!

Your application is what I envisioned for these lights. These are hard-knock hard use lights that aren't too pretty or expensive to use hard and put away wet, and they will keep coming back for more!

I'll update post 2 with my paypal - I should have done that before...

UPDATES:

The lenses have arrived! I spent last night swapping the lenses with moshow's XML2 pill, since he was interested in the narrow option. I took a bunch of beamshots with the XML2. I will take N219 beamshots tonight and post everything. Sadly, it appears that the narrow TIRs do not work well with the XML2. the throw is no better than the 25, though the hotspot is narrower. The 8 degree also has some annoying sidespill that I think is inappropriate on a thrower. The readings do show how efficient the 25deg. lens is with that emitter - actually with both emitters. I think the narrower lenses will work much better with the nichia from my limited look - I'll report fully after the beamshots tonight.

For the XML2 5k, the total lumens on high (1.5a) were:

LensLumens
mule394.2
bare631.8

And for the N219 on about 1a:

LensLumens
mule167.4
bare288.9

jd1911, I'm testing (playing) with yours, and I think you're going to like it. It measures 896lm on high, and 282lm on medium. Low is still moonlight at about 1.5lm (hard for me to measure that low with my meter). so far, no heat issues that I can tell, but obviously you will want to limit the runtime on high and monitor the heat to what your hand can stand. I'm satisfied enough that I'm going to order more 3a drivers and offer them for the XML2.

I'm doing quality control on the 4 that are ready - don't want to release them until after testing.

Thanks.

flyback

Newly Enlightened
Dan, would the 3a driver allow the voltage to go up to 6v so you could use either an 18650 or 2xCR123's? If I remember right the original driver topped out at 4.5v so you couldn't use more than one CR123.

Dan, would the 3a driver allow the voltage to go up to 6v so you could use either an 18650 or 2xCR123's? If I remember right the original driver topped out at 4.5v so you couldn't use more than one CR123.

Here's the deal with 2xCR123a. I tested the 1.5a driver with 2 cells, and it did not blow, so I will warrant the light to 6v. NEVER 2xRCR123 at 8+v! However, I would not recommend it at 1.5a (the driver is actually 1.52a, which is above the safe discharge for even a quality CR123 cell (http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/123.pdf), and I would seriously not do it at 3a, since your batteries could easily explode at those drive levels. The light is sealed tight and would become a grenade. For emergency use, you would be fine at the lower levels on 2xCR123a, but for regular use, I strongly recommend 1x Li-ion of whatever size you like. Yes, I know the amps that the battery sees are not exactly the amps of the LED, but close enough... at 3a LED the batteries are at 2a or something close, which is still way above the safe limit!

1x CR123a is just fine (again at the 1.5a or lower level), but will not power the light to its full potential

Last edited:

flyback

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the clarification, Dan. I've really got to work on a better understanding of electronics! lol...

Latest posts