New G2 Nitrolon

Size15's

Flashaholic
Charlie,

I know what you are going through. If I raid my local corner shop rather than the candy machine at work I tend to either buy twice as much or save money.

It is worth it. Be strong!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

charliek

Enlightened
I'm really happy with the G2- a potent light for it's size. I've been toying with the idea of the P61 lamp just for the thrill of seing a light that strong blasting out of a torch that small.... but, something about the L4 has caught my interest- the only LS light I own is a CMG reactor... cat wiz green and not really well made. I hear the L4 is pure white, and a great flood of light. Well made (as can be expected from a Surefire) Am I mistaken?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charliek, that wasn't a stupid question at all.

You can compare them at Quickbeam's website, he's done all the work:

Flashlightreviews.com's Luxeon LED page

Heck yeah we can and should compare the 1 Watt, 5 Watt, and, soon, the 3 Watt Luxeons.

Some of the 1 watt Luxeons are getting better throw, in some cases blowing the factory stock 5 watts away. At the same time maintaining good flood.

There's an interesting discussion current on the LED forum here where a good case is made that the "new" Luxeon 3 Watt LEDs may actually be improved, choice bin 1 Watts that can handle higher current.

It'll be interesting to see how the L5 and 6 turn out.

BC

PS: last time I looked there was a KL-3 HA available for $44.00 on B/S/T.

unclearty

Enlightened
I know this may be asking alot, but..could someone explain the differences between the surefire led heads? I started looking around, last night, and saw a KL1, KL3, KL4..is one better than the other?..will they all fit on a G2? Which would be the best deal? Thanks

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The KL1 fits E series lights, E1,E1E,E2.E2e,etc.
The KL3 fits C2,G2,etc.
The KL4 fits E series

The best deals are where you find them. The KL3 is the one you want for your G2. The KL1 & the KL3 are one watt luxeons. The KL4 is a five watt luxeon.

unclearty

Enlightened
Tha nks to everyone for your help..one more question..I picked up the Garrity AA light at Wal*%&t on Saturday for the clickie switch and carrying pouch. Do I completely disassemble the tailswitch and just use the inner switch under the G2 rubber? I didn't want to tear it apart unless I knew what I was doing.

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
I agree, I bought one too, but don't know how to proceed from there... the Clickie doesn't screw directly on... so I'm guessing we have to somehow swap assemblies, if it's easy then I'll do it--- Hope you are able to "light" our way Mr. Unclearty.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
There is one - the KL3 - a 1W Luxeon Bezel
There will be another one - the KL5 - a 5W Luxeon Bezel (not yet released but preorders are being taken by some Dealers)

[/ QUOTE ]

Al,

I was hoping to use the G2/KL5 but I wasn't sure the nitrolon body would provide adequate heat management. Your response makes me think that it might be possible.

Brightnorm

jhereg

Enlightened
I removed the rubber boot from the back with pliers on my leatherman tool. From that point it was easy to remove the clickie. The clickie comes out the back end of the tailcap, not out the front.

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
I followed the thread on putting in the clickie, and viola!! a modded G2--- very nice indeed, thanks for everyones help, very simple, took all of a few minutes to do it--- SF needs to add this feature to all G2's ASAP!! The G2 is a little smaller too, becaus now you can tighten the cap more--- another bonus---

Latest posts