New guy needs a real flashlight

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
If you get a Romisen RC-N3 go for the RC-N3 II version, at Shiningbeam as mentioned above.

It has two modes, real useful.

Saw your comment about your current dim LED's - the RC-N3 II on high easily lights stuff up 150 feet away at night.

Great thing about this model (and the regular RC-N3) is it'll run off either 2 AA batteries or one CR123.

For around $25 delivered the deal is nearly impossible to beat.

e_dogg

Newly Enlightened
glad you like it, i wish mine had a low mode too, but that can be easily solved by just getting another light!! :D or carry your other LED light with you to use when u need low mode.

As for using it without the head, i dont see any issues, just make sure that no water gets into it and clean any dust off it before replacing the head.

Next light, get an itp AAA light for your keychain so you will never be without light.

Good suggestion! Might even be a good one to get for the wife so that she can find stuff in her purse.

I used to have one of those little button-cell LED lights on my keychain and it was awesome! It's since fallen apart and has been replaced with a keychain swiss army knife, which has been even more useful. I'm not sure that I have room for both, though...but maybe I'll give it a shot as funds allow...

If you get a Romisen RC-N3 go for the RC-N3 II version, at Shiningbeam as mentioned above.

It has two modes, real useful.

Saw your comment about your current dim LED's - the RC-N3 II on high easily lights stuff up 150 feet away at night.

Great thing about this model (and the regular RC-N3) is it'll run off either 2 AA batteries or one CR123.

For around $25 delivered the deal is nearly impossible to beat.

I saw the RC-N3 II when I ordered my light. Unfortunately, they didn't have it in the warm white version. But thanks for the suggestion nonetheless!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you want some cheap throwaway keychain lights, get these i've ordered maybe 10 packs of these as giveaways and they've always been well received. Think they come in white and a few other colours too.

e_dogg

Newly Enlightened
if you want some cheap throwaway keychain lights, get these i've ordered maybe 10 packs of these as giveaways and they've always been well received. Think they come in white and a few other colours too.

That's exactly like the keychain lights that I've had in the past. They're great!!! And those are much cheaper than the $10-15 that I've spent on the ones that I've broken and/or lost. Thanks for the link!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's exactly like the keychain lights that I've had in the past. They're great!!! And those are much cheaper than the $10-15 that I've spent on the ones that I've broken and/or lost. Thanks for the link!

anytime man, you might want to check out dx for 2016 cells as well if you can be bothered replacing the cells in those lights once they die, me, i just order 10 more.