• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nextgen 750 in a minimag?

ssteven1

Newly Enlightened
I am intrested in the nextgen 750. Does the minimag has enough heatsink to run it constantly. Also are AA enough to run the 750 in full regulation. I plan on using rechargable AA. Any idea of the runtime.

Xero

Newly Enlightened
my nexgen 500 in my minimag gets warm but it's barely anything. The only time I even notice is if I'm holding it, let go, and pick it up again. And I use it a good amount of the time, yet I've only noticed it once or twice.

It takes a pretty long time for it to get to that point, and it's hardly hot at all, probably no hotter than body temperature. I'd suspect a NG750 would be ok, it'd just get warmer quicker. And at that, it's not that warm at all. The mag body gets warm pretty consistently, and not just at the head or anything, so it seems it spreads out the heat pretty well. And that's not too surprising seeing as it's aluminum...I'm no expert though so you might wanna wait for some more feedback.

I'd take a guess runtime is around 45-50 min, but this is just a guess...

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
People were running the BB750 in a 2AA setup, which I think is too hot. The NG750 will run cooler and of course my motto is if it gets hot start waving the light faster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Wayne

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to agree that the Nexgen 750 runs much cooler than the BB750. I would notice the heat of the BB in 30 seconds but I hardly feel the light getting warm with the NG. With the reflector option the NG is quite a setup and real competition to the Lambda MiniPro III (yes, I have both the Sandwich and the Pill).

The Sandwich runs very well with alkaline batteries and has a run time comparible to a BB400.

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
Just a note to anybody considering this... I have one for my minimag, and it is very useable, but it WILL get very hot after 30-40 minutes of constant use (I use NiMH batteries with it), it lasts around 60 minutes or so, but even when it falls out of regulation the light put out is still very useable.