Nitecore TIP Winter Edition Review (V2)

Blackbeard

Enlightened
just got mine from gb, their tracking info is a bit behind, after it cleared customs, and got to usps, all it says was "scanned at..." on 12/20/16, but it arrived today, my klarus mi7 from the group buy, after it cleared customs only says departed warehouse 12/20/16 but also got it today...there seems to be about a 4 day gap between when something actually happens and it is updated, so I guess its done manually, and not automated like usps or ups. so you may get it today, if not u have to wait till tuesday

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got mine from gb, their tracking info is a bit behind, after it cleared customs, and got to usps, all it says was "scanned at..." on 12/20/16, but it arrived today, my klarus mi7 from the group buy, after it cleared customs only says departed warehouse 12/20/16 but also got it today...there seems to be about a 4 day gap between when something actually happens and it is updated, so I guess its done manually, and not automated like usps or ups. so you may get it today, if not u have to wait till tuesday

It doesn't matter to me at all athis point but what I do wonder is this,when the tracking says a Date & Time in China is that their time or my time?

Blackbeard

Enlightened
It doesn't matter to me at all athis point but what I do wonder is this,when the tracking says a Date & Time in China is that their time or my time?

I dont think it matters cause whatever info you see is 4 days behind anyway, it took 2 weeks to get the items so it was decent, but evry time I checked status it was innaccurate

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my 5 WE units from Gearbest yesterday and all were fully charged and appear to be in good working condition.

I like the form factor and UI well enough and really the beam profile, so I'll be ordering a TIP CRI from someone in the near future.

I'm carrying it on a retractable key ring cable clipped on my belt, to see how I like that. I don't carry any lights on my key ring.

One quirk that I noticed with the mode memory, is that regardless which mode you are in when you advance to turbo and then turn the light off. When you turn it back on with a short click, it will be in high, even if you had advanced to turbo from low. I would have expected it to go back to low, but going to high makes some sense, since the last actual mode was turbo.

bansuri

Enlightened
Lightobsession, don't know if this will help but if you press and hold the power button it will turn on in low mode.
If you hold the button a little longer it will come on in low mode momentary. When you release power button it will shut off.
The mode button does the same thing except for the turbo mode.

Blackbeard

Enlightened
ordered one around dec 10th, took about 2 weeks with the 7-12 business days shipping to USA. ordered another one 12/29 but the tracking info is not updating too good this time

Last edited:

firsttothescene

Enlightened
Still no gearbest tip (12/16, usa express shipping)

Edit: just came in today.

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Enlightened
this is what my current order tracking info says:

• 2016-12-30 14:00:06order information received
  • 2016-12-30 14:00:06received data
  • 2017-01-02 20:23:50scanned at:
  • 2017-01-02 20:47:25scanned at:
Not very helpful lol

ScottJD

Newly Enlightened
Looks like this offer still works, but only has the green and red option. To bad since I was looking for the blue and red one.
I really wanted the CRI, but I can't seem to confirm what sellers has the version 2 or V1. So for the price I went with this one for now, maybe wait it out to make sure all the V1 are sold out and then buy a CRI v2.
Scott

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like this offer still works, but only has the green and red option. To bad since I was looking for the blue and red one.
I really wanted the CRI, but I can't seem to confirm what sellers has the version 2 or V1. So for the price I went with this one for now, maybe wait it out to make sure all the V1 are sold out and then buy a CRI v2.
Scott

Battery Junction told me via email before I ordered 2 TIP CRI from them a couple weeks ago that the TIP CRI never had the battery drain issue during lockout, so it shouldn't matter who you order the CRI version from.

firsttothescene

Enlightened
this is what my current order tracking info says:

• 2016-12-30 14:00:06order information received
  • 2016-12-30 14:00:06received data
  • 2017-01-02 20:23:50scanned at:
  • 2017-01-02 20:47:25scanned at:
Not very helpful lol
Mine said the same "scanned at:" , right before I received it.