Not much knowledge

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did somebody ask what is wrong with alkalines?

This is a runtime chart for one of the flashlights your are considering.

As was pointed out above, the E12 starts out bright when running on an alkaline battery, but begins to slowly dim almost immediately. Compare that with the long period of nearly flat, continuous output you get when running a NiMH rechargeable. You can see why folks around here don't like alkalines.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that Eneloops don't make a gooey alkaline mess on the rare occasions when they do out-gas.

The snag is you do not understand the buying system of UK companies.They buy disposable in bulk for a few pence per cell,no one has time to wait for a battery to charge hence the need for a decent priced Alkaline.Pre-charged batteries in the UK are marketed so poorly to Joe Public and to the trade.When I tell my customers we do rechargeables and a decent charger they all say no just send Alkaline.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol!

As the saying goes, "You can bring a horse to water, ..."

Spot on Mr Keepingitlight and as I have a daily sales target it is in my best interest to trade the customer up mind you we are ultra competitive on our AA/AA 9v block alkalines and the easy trade up is to a larger quantity.