Now Olight charges their customers in china dollars?

t76turbo

Newly Enlightened
I have made multiple purchases over the years from the olightstore site. Maybe I just havent noticed this before. But I made a relatively small purchase on their big sale they just had and happened to look at my credit card bill. There is a foreign transaction fee for the Olight purchase.

Looks like they didnt even have the decency to charge my paypal transaction in USD.

Not sure I will buy from them again if they are this wrapped up in china. I know thats where most crap comes from these days but I would have thought the US distributor would at least charge me in local currency.

Anyone else notice or already know this????

I'm done with Olight personally. Never carry them. Not a fan of their interface. They've been flooding me with sales emails. I have enough. Lights that run Anduril and Narsil are what I like to run. Except for headlights. Headlights = Zebralight all the way.

AlienBug

Newly Enlightened
I have made multiple purchases over the years from the olightstore site. Maybe I just havent noticed this before. But I made a relatively small purchase on their big sale they just had and happened to look at my credit card bill. There is a foreign transaction fee for the Olight purchase.

Looks like they didnt even have the decency to charge my paypal transaction in USD.

Not sure I will buy from them again if they are this wrapped up in china. I know thats where most crap comes from these days but I would have thought the US distributor would at least charge me in local currency.

Anyone else notice or already know this????

How many yuan did your credit card company charge you?

t76turbo

Newly Enlightened
How many yuan did your credit card company charge you?

I dont know. I assume they convert the currency which is why they charge the 'foreign transaction fee'. But maybe there could be another reason. Only time a credit card has ever done that before is when I have made a purchase with a foreign company in their currency. But maybe it is when the company itself is a foreign entity and they maybe still charged in USD. But in that case, I thought Olight has a US based distribution that was based here in the US which would charge from a US entity.

I dont know.

Larry T

Newly Enlightened
The foreign currency charge is more about your credit card company according to the Olight FB group mods. My understanding is that if you bought from the Olight Store in Georgia you wouldn't have that charge.

CSG

Newly Enlightened
All I've sent them recently was the $5 fee for the "free" little keychain light. I use paypal only with my credit card and I saw nothing but a $5 fee for shipping. No Chinese transaction fee or conversion. But yeah, their marketing is way over the top and I unsubscribed. I am a big fan, however, of their i3T lights and bought two from Amazon at something like $16 each. Beautifully made and excellent lights for around the house. Interesting design choice with 180/5 lumens but works for me. Fenix is still my little flashlight go to with both versions of the E01, the E05, and the E12.