Nuwai QIII

Stormdrane

Enlightened
The QIII is my EDC. If you're gonna be using it alot, get yourself a Nano charger and a rechargeable 123 battery.

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Wow, got both lights in the mail today. I was on the phone with Amondotech about my tracking # when the mailman rang the doorbell and delivered the QIIIs, wierd huh.

Lighthound was around 1.40 higher overall with shipping but he had better email comunications and included a free keychain light so that more than made up for it.

All in all I would do business with either again in a heartbeat and I thank all of you for the referals.

The lights are great, I like the black finish but LOVE the gunmetal finish. Also the switch is a bit lighter on the silver than on the black one.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the belt clips on them are made of. If its stainless steel I was thinking of taking the one off the silver and polishing it with a dremel like I do on my Benchmade knives. It would match the light and look pretty cool.

rfwjr

Newly Enlightened
Lighthound has been great to do business with, the longest it has ever taken John to reply to my emails was 18 minutes.

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Be carefull when removing the clip. I stripped the screws and had to use pliers to twist 'em off and decided I liked it better with the clip on. So I had to use needlenose pliers to work 'em back on and used ithe clip to attach a wrist lanyard. I put glow-in-the-dark paint in the groove and that's TAD Gear's glow-in-the-dark cord for the lanyard.

QIII.jpg

strippedthebastards.jpg

Last edited:

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Ok I could not help it, I had to at least try. You were correct, the screw stripped out even with the tight fitting star bit. Luckily the screw did not turn so all I had to do was take a sharpie and mark in the spot where it stripped.

Darn little buggers are in there lol.

On another note, what color QIII s are you guys packing and whats your favorite. Mine of course is the Titanium (should be called gunmetal). Darn thing mesmerizes me, I could just look at it for hours.......

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Mine's black, but I'd rather have the titanium finish as it'd probably hide the scratches better. I use a Sharpie on the scratches, but it doesn't last. I added pics to my post above. It's a user, so might as well look like it.

Last edited:

Lite

Newly Enlightened
Spongebob said:
I was wondering if anyone knows what the belt clips on them are made of. If its stainless steel I was thinking of taking the one off the silver and polishing it with a dremel like I do on my Benchmade knives. It would match the light and look pretty cool.
Put a magnet to the clip, if the clip's magnetic then it's not stainless.:poke:

LED BriCK

Enlightened
Stormdrane, your QIII looks bada$$, like a real tough tool, not a pampered toy!

I've been leaning toward black, myself, but I'd be interested in pics of the titanium, the ones on Lighthound aren't real clear for the color.

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
LED BriCK said:
Stormdrane, your QIII looks bada$$, like a real tough tool, not a pampered toy!

I've been leaning toward black, myself, but I'd be interested in pics of the titanium, the ones on Lighthound aren't real clear for the color.

I can take some pics of mine but I have no idea of how to post them.

LED BriCK

Enlightened
Spongebob- That'd be sweet! :thanks: Side by side comparo of black vs. gunmetal under good lighting would help alot, if you can figure out how to post them. Not sure if I can help you with that last part, though. There's an "Insert Image" button at the top of the reply text box, but it looks like you have to have the image at a URL. I wonder if you could just copy and paste...

Nope, I just tried it. I guess Stormdrane can help?:thinking:

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Notice how silver the QIII looks next to the black one above. Now look at it next to an actual silver Element and you can see the gunmetal color better.
QIIIelement.jpg

Stormdrane

Enlightened
I think you can adjust max pic size on PhotoBucket with the options menu or you can use Pixresizer(free program) to reduce the size. I use Picasa(from Google).

Last edited:

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Nitroz said:
I like the titanium, but what's with the black clip?

No kidding now you see why I was trying to take it off and polish it,that just does not look right to me. It does match the switch at least.