ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to look back .... Just wondering,

Long Runtime 10 Hrs... with Nichia new 2X CS LED's

If available???

ViReN

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the Nite Ize be easier to modify? I don't have one in front of me as I'm not on my computer.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
wont it be a good idea to inform the manufacturer to put up with Nichia CS LED's and come up with a new version instead ?

just a thought...

it could be a great great seller... dont you think so?

alternately, is there any direct CS LED retrofit ... please forgive my ignorance, i have been "offline" for more than a few months...

ViReN

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed Opalec almost two months ago asking if they could make a special module for me using the CS LEDs. I offered to send the LEDs and to pay extra for the services. They never replied to my email. I however, have no proof that they actually received the email. *shrug*

Maybe if many people were interested, they may take it into consideration.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
ViReN said:
wont it be a good idea to inform the manufacturer to put up with Nichia CS LED's and come up with a new version instead ?

that would more likely double the price.... but the leds they use now do kinda suck! lol

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I wouldn't EVEN go so far to say the LEDs in a NiteIze suck.... at this price point it's a mighty good upgrade!!!

I made my NiteIze better by flat black painting the spacer/reflector gadget. Made the spill more uniform.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought three of the NiteIze drop-in modules so far, and I WILL be getting more. Of all the ones I've bought, I wouldn't want to put Nichia CS's in ANY of them! All the NiteIze drop-ins I've bought had some of the whitest LEDs I've ever seen...all of the Nichia CS's I've ever seen had some of the worst color I've ever seen. They ARE brighter, but (to ME...) the color absolutely sucks.

PJD

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
The leds in the niteize look smoother to me, as in no blue/yellow hotspot/splotches, but they have a significant blue overall tint to them.

I hand selected the Nichia CS for my arcAAA upgrade, and it is the smoohest nichia I've seen. Color rendition is very good. No rings spothecs, and not strong yellow, but not very strong blue center eitehr (it is there, but not strong).

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the Nite Ize modules are very consistantly white in my experience... but in all honesty, I prefer the MJLED mod personally. Much more throw and a wider beam as well, but not as even of a flood as the Nite Ize.

I've run a Nichia CS on a LiON cell and I though it's subjective to compare, the single CS looks as bright as all three of the LEDs in the Nite Ize.

Personally, if I could mod the NiteIze, I'd try using KevinL's 35k LEDs rather than the CSs.

Latest posts