Orlando - Shot Show Events and Experiences

Raven

Enlightened
Inova:

I was really happy to see that Inova appears to be dropping their TIR's in their X03 and their T3 lights. These lights appear to be sporting a Lux III with a nice reflector and should represent a great value. I was very pleased with what I saw in these lights. Their staff manning their booth was not very knowledgeable.

The good = new reflector, and more spill
The bad = not Cree
Prognosis = maybe one year too late to really matter

Thanks for the writeup, and pictures., btw.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on guys we need more pics and info! Last year there was lots of info.!! Come on... this thread needs to be longer!! :D

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xanteen said:
Something caught my eye at Aimpoint's booth. No flashlights, but some decent headlights...

Aimpoint.jpg

Hope that helps add a little more to the report.

Go back and get some close ups of those headlights.... NOW.

Xygen

Enlightened
Xanteen: WOW! Thanks for that update! The very very first confirmation of a 120 Lumen HDS EDC!! Looks so great. It even got a bezel-ring. Except for the blemish at bottom....???? That on a presentation model????

Esthan

Enlightened
Xanteen said:
> I photographed the newest EDC that was out on the table, the EDC 120. 120 lumens on high for 30 minutes, 10 lumens for 18+ hours, all on one battery, MSRP $150. Infinitely adjustable 1:1000 ratio with Four user defined presets, and indestructable construction.

I takes about 2000 Clicks to basically reprogram my EDC B42 after a hard reset, so those 1000 more are not that impressive :]

Xygen

Enlightened
Xanteen said:
Something caught my eye at Aimpoint's booth. No flashlights, but some decent headlights...
Aimpoint.jpg

Headlights? Aren't that weapon sights? Pity that the backround is so blurry...

BTW: Are you the guy from ArmyTimes?

Last edited:

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xygen said:
Xanteen: WOW! Thanks for that update! The very very first confirmation of a 120 Lumen HDS EDC!! Looks so great. It even got a bezel-ring. Except for the blemish at bottom....???? That on a presentation model????

Looks like a spot to put the laser engraving to me, ala Surefire.

-john

Xygen

Enlightened
John N said:
Looks like a spot to put the laser engraving to me, ala Surefire.
No, I meant the blemish at the bottom, around the switch.
EDC2.jpg

Xanteen

Newly Enlightened
I think the blemish is the clearcoat being worn away by the 1000 sweaty thumbs pushing the button. I didn't notice it till I looked at the enlarged photos. I will have to ask Henry if the finish was the production finish or more of a prototype-ish thing.

Xygen

Enlightened
Xanteen said:
I think the blemish is the clearcoat being worn away by the 1000 sweaty thumbs pushing the button. I didn't notice it till I looked at the enlarged photos. I will have to ask Henry if the finish was the production finish or more of a prototype-ish thing.
Xanteen: Do you remember what the laser engraving on that EDC said? Looks like EDC Ultimate XX, right? Not 120?
Thanks again, for these great pictures!

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xanteen said:
No flashlights, but some decent headlights...

Aimpoint.jpg

Hope that helps add a little more to the report.

Those headlights appear quite bright. Any idea how much they cost and when they'll be available? :rock:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like Novatac will get another $150 of my flashlight fund! :popcorn:
Did you say something about a plastic Novatac EDC?

Last edited:

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright finally some good updates. It looks like I will have to start to build the flashlight fund back up to buy a EDC 120, a some Surefires (newTitan, new L1, maybe Kroma Milspec, E1x, E2x and anything else that may produce 200lm or more via new led technology). Then I will figure out which ones I really like and sell the rest. :) I don't "need" them all.... I just "want" them all. :)

Last edited:

supes

Enlightened
Thanks for the updates, guys! Just reading this thread, there are some VERY impatient people.....But that G3 some sounds very interesting, sounds like it will be better for me then a 9P.

Did anyone by chance get any info about a possible new KL4 with another LED or anything? I love my L4, I can't imagine something better. Please expand my imagination. And the Titan :drool:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you PSM and Goatee and everyone for the updates. It really is appreciated, especially by those of us who couldn't make it.

The new HDS sound exciting, as does the possible U2 upgrade and the new L1. I know SF got the beam pattern right with the Kroma, and it appears they did so again with these Cree optics.

Milky, my man, you are certifiable. I love it. Goatee, that was a wonderful writeup.

It looks like a great time was had, and a lot of new friendships were created. Thanks for taking the time to write down thoughts and experiences. We all appreciate it.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics, PSM! I should have been there with you guys!