P3DCE Cooking In My Pocket !!OUCH!!

DM51

Flashaholic
Twice in 2 weeks!! Fluke, I think you're just going to have to bite the bullet and get yourself a HOLSTER for your lights. Anyway, just as well it wasn't this_battery cooking off in your pocket.

fluke

Enlightened
Twice in 2 weeks!! Fluke, I think you're just going to have to bite the bullet and get yourself a HOLSTER for your lights. Anyway, just as well it wasn't this_battery cooking off in your pocket.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's costing me cells, as they get hot I dispose of them just to be on the safe side.

DM51

Flashaholic
... awaiting some quality Duracell's from ebay.
I just noticed this snippet from your previous post. The words "quality cells" and "eBay" are a total contradiction in terms, IMO. Counterfeit products are rife on eBay. We discussed this before, in that other thread...

fluke

Enlightened
I just noticed this snippet from your previous post. The words "quality cells" and "eBay" are a total contradiction in terms, IMO. Counterfeit products are rife on eBay. We discussed this before, in that other thread...

Yes true, but I have spoken to the seller prior to purchasing them.

Windscale

Enlightened
I don't think we should take this matter as a joke. It is a serious matter with fatal consequences. May be the problem is with the clickie. I never put clickie lights in my pocket as they do get turned on accidentally rather easily. Clickie lights should always be put in pouches with adequate cover or protection for the clickie part. There is nothing wrong with the on/off sequences of the P3D. The mishap is totally human error.
Let this be a lesson to us all.

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
I had that happen the other day with my Fenix P1 Twistie. I don't know how it turned on...I must have been fiddling with it like old Captan Queeg would have and turned it on. Wasn't that hot, but my battery died the next time I tried using it. I've also left it on before for about 1.5 hours unsupervised in my car (VERY hot), about 4 months after I got it; and yes, it's a LOT dimmer than it was before.

Windscale

Enlightened
Twistie or clickie, the same can happen. The name of the game is safety first. I never put light, however small, in my pockets, except Protons. They are all in holsters or pouches worn on my belt. Chances or twisties or clickies turning on acidentally are minimal.

I would agree that twisties are safer than clickies. But sometimes it is not convenient for two-hand operations. I have lights with both types of switches and I don't really have any preferences.

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
I can't imagine people carrying something the size and weight of a P3D in their pockets on a regular basis, unless I suppose, they're already used to carrying big packages in their pants. I fear now I'm going to start having feelings of inadequacy whenever I whip it out, and people have to squint to see that it's just a L0D.

KuoH

fluke

Enlightened
I don't EDC a P3DCE just at night in the car for work, as a backup to my FlashCrazy modded Hocus Focus, also got a Coast 7736 Lenser in the car.
And a 4D Mag with Halogen Bulb Upgrade.

Arc P on the keychain, and at the moment an L0P on the phone lanyard round my neck with a Stainless Inka Pen and the phone obviosly.

Usual EDC is a P2DCE.

Last edited: