Pawn Shop Find?

rje58

Enlightened
I've always read and heard stories of people finding good deals in pawn shops, but I've never really had any luck, certainly not lately. Worse, the pawn shops I've browsed over the past several years haven't even had anything interesting, much less at bargain prices.

Ok, so this is a MINOR find. I decided to stop by a pawn shop that I've driven by a dozen times and see what they had. Looking around inside, turns out - not much to see! They did have five knives in a display case, but they all looked like cheap throwaways. The only one that looked like it MIGHT be any good at all was a small black folder, so I asked to see it. The price was marked $9.

Turns out it is a Gerber Mini-Covert (standard model 46924) in very nice condition! "How about $6?", I offered. "I'll have to look it up and see what I have in it." So he looks it up. "$8 is the best I can do." Sold!

I know these only go for around $30 new, but $8 for a used one in excellent condition, I was happy with. Anybody else have one of these?

Last edited: