Pelican Flashlights

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
My only experience with them is when the meter-reader came to my house and he had one in my basement. it looked pretty bright and had a nice beam pattern. I don't know what model it was but maybe a 4AA and it was LED. I've been thinking about getting myself one too.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Hi, are you sure ? That will say a M6 is not made in the US ?

Sorry for that confusion. :(

I only meant it as a general rule of thumb.

Did not specifically mean the M6,

which (several have pointed out) appears to be USA.

_

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
i am a very hapy long time owner of the Pelican M6 (2330) LED, my first serious thrower back in 2003. bought their (2390) 3-watt when they are out. & the 1 x CR123 M1 (2310), rear clickie for keepsake due to rarity.

the 2630 (Luxeon side emitter) still works all these years.

another local flashaholic commented that the polyer PM6 series are not so fantastic compared to the M6 aluminium series.

SarcoBlaster

Newly Enlightened
I've been using a 7060 for just about a year now and it has been dropped in every way imaginable (even from a moving vehicle). It is definitely roughed up, but it keeps on ticking.

Wyeast

Enlightened
I've had great experiences w/ Pelican. I have a Stealthlite 4AA that ran hard (work light) on a daily basis for several years until failing twice. Once the lens melted (clouded, really) due to overheat. Then the switch wore out (this was after about 5-6 years of service). Both times, Pelican backed it up, no questions asked. First with a lens/bezel replacement, then with the whole light.
:twothumbs