• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pictures of kenster new light! :) Fred???

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm leaning toward driving whatever LED I choose, XPG, K2, or P4 at 1A, or higher. Hey, the sterling silver is fantastic for heat transfer, so why not. :devil:

Awesome! I forgot about silver being able to tranfer heat so well. I look forward to the end results.

What's next for the Photon man? A diamond flashlight 4" long pushing a SST90 to full power. :)

I might have to foist this off on someone else. :D
I'll take it! If he pays for it.:devil:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm leaning toward driving whatever LED I choose, XPG, K2, or P4 at 1A, or higher. Hey, the sterling silver is fantastic for heat transfer, so why not. :devil:

And, oh, :poke: Where's Kenster???? :crackup:

I might have to foist this off on someone else. :D

Kenster who? :shrug: Oh, :eek:oo: me Kenster :grin2:

Fred, that is PURDY! :twothumbs :rock: :cool: So :hitit: and :takeit:

Nitroz, as to your offer??? :eek: So :nana: But feel free to eye ball the pics all you want. :D

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Hammered Sterling Silver Light is on its way to Kenster!

The light sports a Luxeon K2, bin UV0E, driven at 1A with a GD1000 driver, an IMS smooth 20mm reflector, and an AW RCR123 battery.

Some photos just before it was packed up and sent:

HSS-final-1.jpg

HSS-final-2.jpg

HSS-final-4.jpg

HSS-final-5.jpg

HSS-final-8.jpg

HSS-final-9.jpg

While I aspire to become a better flashlight builder, it helps to have a patron like Saint Kenster, who gives you a commission to make what you want, and then is kind enough to pay you for your miserable work. :devil:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I aspire to become a better flashlight builder, it helps to have a patron like....EDIT:(blah, BLAH :ohgeez: Me :thumbsdow :nana: :grin2: ) ...... who gives you a commission to make what you want, and then is kind enough to pay you for your miserable work. :devil:

Fred, FANSTASTIC work! :twothumbs Freedom in a creative endeavor is a wise choice as all can see by your work. ;) Since you purchased your lathe, watching your machining skills develop and creative use of these skills has been a pleasure. :)

One Happy Camper
Ken :grin2:

jch79

Hey & Howdy! :wave: you unenlightened SAD SACK :whistle: :nana: Hehe! :D

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Well, in my eyes, just send me a blank check for your flashlight. :D

Well, by any chance is there a statue of me that could come along this the title, and light?

Does this mean you are the Pontifex Maximus of lument, the Pontiff of Photons, the Lord of Lumens, the Bishop of Brightness, the Vicar of the Nightvision, the Earthly Father of Flashlights.

I will finish your title page later...

RL

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, by any chance is there a statue of me that could come along this the title, and light?

Does this mean you are the Pontifex Maximus of lument, the Pontiff of Photons, the Lord of Lumens, the Bishop of Brightness, the Vicar of the Nightvision, the Earthly Father of Flashlights.

I will finish your title page later...

RL

Not at all, it just means I'm a greedy little B*stard. :devil: