Pls enlighten me : TWAK, etc.

akula88

Enlightened
Thank, eric.
Would that mean that TWAK is a 1-/3-/5-Watt LS that is capable of at least 67.2Lu, emitting White color, and has a forward voltage of 3.51V-3.75V? and TVOJ is greenish White at fVolt of 3.27V-3.51V?

So which is whiter -- TWAK or TWOK?

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
TWOK is supposed to be the whitest white
TWAK should be drifting slightly to blue
TVOK should be drifting slightly to yellow

See the chart Hotbeam did a while ago

LuxeonBinningColourChart.jpg

Klaus

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Yes, Akula88, you are correct. The tint that I've seen in Lux IIIs are only apparent when run at very low power or when compared side by side with other lights. This is bacause the new bins have a limit on their tint that is much less than that of the old bin.

For example, look at the picture above. The dark pink band next to the number 3 is the old bin 3. It covers an area that's greener than X1 allows and pinker than WA allows.

Daniel

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if some Luxeon X's are capable of 250 lumens, why don't we see Luxeon lights that bright?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
X bins are hard to come by, but I think we have seen some around, like in the Photon King.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope not :x
I think the higher rated output is purely down to better efficiency of the LED die itself, there shouldnt be any difference in lifespan. Whatever the bin of the luxeon, the rated lifespan should be the same.

Latest posts