• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pocket Rocket - 8th run XM-L

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for patiently waiting. All 8th are ready to ship now.

Chaostheory & 45/70, Thanks!

brembo, 8-14 days from Hong Kong to US. :)

Extra U2-3S - No.21 is available.

mikegebbia

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived today, fit and finish are excellent, can't wait till tonight to try it outside....

livelifeingray

Newly Enlightened
My Pocket Rocket arrived today as well (fast shipping!). As already mentioned, fit and finish are a cut above. Very pocketable form factor.

Thanks again Download!

brembo

Enlightened
Sorry to jump in… but just to be sure, am I right in assuming this has nothing to do with http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-136/**NEW**-P-dsh-Rocket-XM-dsh-L-850-pls-/Detail despite the similar name? I'm trying to dig up some details on it.

Correct, download's Pocket rocket is much different. Shiningbeam's stuff is great, well built and massive value. However it's not even in the same zipcode compared to the build quality of download's offerings. Mass produced vs. batch-made custom units.

thei

Newly Enlightened

Sparkss

Newly Enlightened
Correct, download's Pocket rocket is much different. Shiningbeam's stuff is great, well built and massive value. However it's not even in the same zipcode compared to the build quality of download's offerings. Mass produced vs. batch-made custom units.

I have both (although the SB PR was from before he started offerring it with an XM-L) I do not regret purchasing either one. They both have their place and uses. I will say that I was thrilled when DL started offering this 8th run as I had been lusting after one of his lights for some time. :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

JohnF

Enlightened
Received mine today. Trying to find a flaw of some kind, but can't. Certainly fitting of a small batch produced item, simply beautiful.

Is there a link for the operation of the group 2 UI? I'm unsure of a few things - the single flash a few seconds after changing brightness setting, how to set memory for last setting, etc. Thanks.

JohnF

Enlightened
I read back through the thread and answered most of my questions about the UI operation. Only a few of the drivers had memory. With memory, you'll also get a low battery warning. No big deal, I'm used to setting my lights to turn on at 'low', but the reverse clicky makes it so fast to change levels / modes that hi/med/low is really quite nice.

I know some were concerned about tint change with the U2's and the current regulated driver, but the U2-3S in mine shows no hint of green on low, in fact I can not see any real tint change between levels. It is white!

Just measured current draw at the tail - 2600ma / 600ma / 160ma. Great driver design for the XML.

Thanks to download for a beautiful light.

John F

Last edited:

dfwcaver

Newly Enlightened
Is is too late to get in on this? I would like a HAIII, U2-3S, Group-1.

Thanks

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
thei & Sparkss, Thanks!

JohnF, thanks for your kind words.

dfwcaver, No. 21. U2-3S GITD is available & ready to ship.

AsianAnts, Thanks for your support!

:thanks: