pot mod question

bmiller

Newly Enlightened
how do you know how far you can turn the potentiometer without breaking it? I have a BTG-2 from z-bolt and it is manufactured by LightVision. Also, how do I get the cap off? Because it is different from the leadlights, I dont think I can turn the pot through the switch hole because I cant get the button off. Also, the button is smaller than the leadlight ones.

userx

Newly Enlightened
Hmm..not exactly a laser expert myself but I think your best bet if you wanted to mod you laser would be to pop out the laser barrel + circuit thingy and from there adjust the pot. It's a bit risky that way though and LightVision lasers may have a totally different circuit so no grantees /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

LaserMod

Enlightened
It looks like a Leadlight to me, if not it will be a Chanchung pointer from CNI as they also stock their PGL-III's for a hefty price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

If I remember right, CNI can provide the facility to engrave their pointers with the company logo 'Z-Bolt.'

The pot should be underneath the button, I think the modifications to these pointers are pretty much the same but best to get clarification first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to CPF bmiller!

bmiller

Newly Enlightened
this laser actually isnt a leadlight. it is manufactured by LightVision(Taiwan) I ended up getting the cap off by taking the batteries out and pushing it out with a pencil. the pot isnt right under the button, also, i had to turn the pot clockwise to increase power-I turned it until it stopped. I ended up breaking the switch off, but i soldered it back on. it is much brighter now. this laser is different from the leadlights because it has a plastic sleeve under the button to push the switch down(therfore you cant get at the pot through the button hole), when I slid that off of the circuit board, I broke off the switch.
-hanks for the replies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iq

Newly Enlightened
i have the same pointer. the potmod did not work. no difference.

has anyone found another mod for this pointer?

xenophobe

Newly Enlightened
Could these be the newer models that appeared on ebay a few months ago that Arnold posted about, the ones with the plastic MCA holders or something?

If not, it does look just like a leadlight.

bmiller, leadlight 105 and 110s have a plastic sleeve that you describe, with the actual button stuck onto the sleeve with some adhesive.