Preon P1 MKIII

I have a copper Preon MKIII on its way--should be here tomorrow. Excite!

It will be joined soon enough by its larger copper step-sibling in the very near future.

Copper is nice. Something to enjoy while you wait.

~ Chance

08XyscJ.jpg

MostMenAreRuthless

Newly Enlightened
Love the light! Beam, tint, lumens, heft, and COPPER. What's not to love?

Pictured with a slightly larger friend..

3A510442-490A-402D-BC52-E75A329469EC.jpg

Last edited:

mbp1

Newly Enlightened
Is there any update on when the mode memory issue might be resolved for future runs? I sold mine because the defective memory was a deal breaker, but I would really like to pick one up once all the issues are resolved. It really is a well-designed, ideal EDC torch.

crizyal

Enlightened
I just placed an order. I have read this entire thread (whew) and I am extremely pleased with how these lights are shaking out. Perfection is only achieved through due process. I appreciate the transparency and the integrity that I see through this thread and have determined that this is a product that I want to support. Thank you for all of the hard work. It really adds to my enjoyment and use of the product.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just placed an order. I have read this entire thread (whew) and I am extremely pleased with how these lights are shaking out. Perfection is only achieved through due process. I appreciate the transparency and the integrity that I see through this thread and have determined that this is a product that I want to support. Thank you for all of the hard work. It really adds to my enjoyment and use of the product.
Congrats! Look forward to any updates You share :D.

Mgizler

Enlightened
Just received my satin Preon mkiii today. What a wonderful light. Miles better than the last copper preon I had. Especially the new switch. (One of the reasons I got rid of the other. Hated the old switch) Not sure if I'm doing something wrong with burst. But I don't think I'm accessing it. I'm in Config 4 and I do the press click from off. But I can't tell a difference in high and burst. Maybe my eyes just cannot see the difference inside.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my satin Preon mkiii today. What a wonderful light. Miles better than the last copper preon I had. Especially the new switch. (One of the reasons I got rid of the other. Hated the old switch) Not sure if I'm doing something wrong with burst. But I don't think I'm accessing it. I'm in Config 4 and I do the press click from off. But I can't tell a difference in high and burst. Maybe my eyes just cannot see the difference inside.

It could be your battery doesn't have enough juice.

Mgizler

Enlightened
I think I finally see the difference. I had it pointed on the floor and I was quickly cycling it back from high to burst and there is a difference. Outside at night, it's hard to see. Minor difference but it's there. Still really loving the light

One shouldn't expect a dramatic increase from 60 to 100 lumens. The runtime of 1 hr for Burst needs to be changed on the website.

Brightness Levels(With 1xAAA NiMH battery)
Low: 1 lumen, 45 hrs
Medium: 15 lumens, 5 hrs
High: 60 lumens, 1.2 hrs
Max: 100 lumens, 1 hr-
Burst: 100 lumens, 1 hr

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
One shouldn't expect a dramatic increase from 60 to 100 lumens. The runtime of 1 hr for Burst needs to be changed on the website.
CG is right. Let's not forget everyone's eyes are also different. Without tools the easiest way to view it is by focusing on the brightness of the spill of the beam, and not the hotspot.

Mgizler

Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. I understand now. I guess initially I was looking for a greater difference between the two settings. But finally realized its there just a minor change.

I'm still enjoying the light. It's hard sometimes to not want crazy lumens. I carried a olight sr2 for quite some time. But I always seem to come back to a AAA light because of the ability they have to disappear in the pocket. And 100 lumens is more than enough light for every day use. But again.....it's hard not to crave the Big lumens of a larger light sometimes.

Thanks for the info guys. I understand now. I guess initially I was looking for a greater difference between the two settings. But finally realized its there just a minor change.

I'm still enjoying the light. It's hard sometimes to not want crazy lumens. I carried a olight sr2 for quite some time. But I always seem to come back to a AAA light because of the ability they have to disappear in the pocket. And 100 lumens is more than enough light for every day use. But again.....it's hard not to crave the Big lumens of a larger light sometimes.

Crazy lumens, you say. Boy have I got a light for you!

900 to be exact. MiNI MK III

KfUbMFx.jpg

Mgizler

Enlightened
Very nice. I had one of those when 4sevens first came out with them. Can't remember what happened to it. I almost ordered one but decided on the preon.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did the mode memory problem on the P1 MKIII ever get fixed?
I have sent the lights on to Flfrk. They should arrive Friday. Short review: the newest Preons are excellent. The P1 and P2 both have easily accessible burst modes, (unlike my first-production-run examples,) so it appears the bugs are all worked out now. I was surprised by just how well the P2 disappears into a pocket. I will probably buy one sometime, when either the silver or copper is on sale. (Black doesn't appeal to me, or I would have bought one at 20% off the other day. Why only black?...) Longer review with pictures to follow.
The Foursevens Preon P1 P2 Pass-Around n GAW is still going.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the iinevitable finally happened and my P1 fell out of my pocket somewhere. I should have learned my lesson not to EDC it anymore after a bunch of close calls.

Sorry, but until this flaw is fixed, I have no intention on buying another Preon.