PT Attitude / Rage

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently got a PT attitude. Saw it in a store and snagged it up quick because of all the good stuff I've read on this group. I love it. I feel it beats a AA Mini-Mag hands "F"ing down. Through the other posts I see that the lamp assembly of the Rage is interchangable too.
Is it worth it to get one?

.....you know . I don't know why I'm even asking, I know I've got the bug

before cpf: 2-3D mag, 1-2D mag, 3-2AA mini-mag, mini mag fiber optic attachment & mouthpiece,
red lasr pointer

after cpf:
1 scorpion,
1 asp white led
3 asp blue led
6 various no name leds, white and red
nexstar bulbs for mini mags
pt attitude
1st gen NV monocular

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
absolutely, the rage assembly gives a lot of light spread over a large area. i wish i'd gotten an attitude first rather than the rage.

- Pete

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the PT Attitude. Great balance of size, runtime and light output. Used my minmag for the first time in years last weekend when camping and found it to be lacking when compared to the Attitude. IMHO the Attitude is perfect as the 1st LED flashlight to recommend to future flashoholics.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice little light.

I have 3 of them velcroed to my retractable dog's leash.

I think they are 2.5 ounces each, so that is 7.5 ounces for three lights.

For being plastic, they are pretty rugged. They have been dropped many times, and the neighborhood kids love to play with them, and they get submursed into the pools, and dropped etc.

My only complaint (and again, I use these things almost daily) is that I wish they were a little less blue in color. Even for an LED, they are just a little blue-er than I would like.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Even though I own a large variety of LED lights, many of them brighter than the Attitude, the Attitude's combination of small size, light weight, comfortable shape, toughness, waterproofing, relative brightness and very long burntime make it unique.

In terms of an easily pocketable "what if" light, it is one of the most valuable flashlights you can own. Its single shortcoming is the light leak around the bezel which is easily stopped with black plastic tape. You can also buy the opaque Rage and use the body with either module.
The Rage lamp module casts a surprisingly bright well dispersed beam which has led some of us to call it "the poor man's E2". Unfortunately its runtime is quite short.

One other consideration: since the Attitude operates on AAA batterie which are not currently available in lithium, it is suggested that the Attitude not be used in extremely cold weather if a long runtime is desired.

Brightnorm

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vikas Sontakke:
Does PT Rage have adjustable focusing beam?

Thanks,
- Vikas
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Rage is non-adjustable (fixed beam). The beam is already fairly wide.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I love my PT Attitude. It is my most often used light. I second the AAA-issue though. This little thing on 2 AA cells would be wonderful.

I was playing with it and the Impact, and was wondering if a hybrid would be neat: focused central LED, radially mounted diffuse LED's. Maybe a slight differential in mounting depth so the outer (attitude-like) led's come on first, then, as the bezel is tightened, the central LED adds to the light and the outer ones fill in that nasty black ring.

Frank C.

Newly Enlightened
The Rage sells for like $8.99 - just get the whole light and have both.
smile.gif

WarrenI

Newly Enlightened
I second this, as a Rage replacement bulb assembly cost about $5 at BrightGuy and a complete Rage goes for about $10, I would just buy the complete Rage and one spare lamp. The shipping should not cost any more. At $15 plus shipping, you have a complete light that you do not have to switch bodies. It also gives you spare parts (lamps, bodies). Both of these are great little lights, and really affordable.