• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired PXR (Cree XRE) Heatsink

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
*** Shipment Update ***
The 2nd shipment have been posted. Everyone who have paid to this point should receive an email to your PP email account regarding the shipment.

If for any reason you didn't, it's because I screw up or PP was flakely. Please contact me ASAP with your fullname and time when you send the PP so I can track it down.

Enjoy everyone.
Jonathan

reiko19480221

Newly Enlightened
Today I received but some parts are wrong ones.
As you can see in the Quote Below, I ordered 2pcs of MagD Copper version (PXR-19-De-cu) but I received Al versions.
The other part PXR-19-Ce-Cu is correct one.
Therefore, Iwould like you to excange these wrong parts with correct ones without any extra cost.
Thank you in advance for your response!

Regards
Reiko

reiko19480221 said:
C.C. PayPal sent.
(sent twice for [1] original order and [2]balance for additional order and C.C. handling fee)
CPF ID = reiko19480221
1pc of PXR-19-Ce-Cu (MagC Copper version) = $28
2pcs of PXR-19-De-Cu (MagD Copper version) = $56
8pcs of Cree XRE LED (P4 bin) = $80
International shipping = $6
Total = $170
handling added = $176.8
Thank you!

Regards,
Reiko Kashiwagi

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jonathon,

I just got my heat sinks. They look outstanding! I can't wait to put one to use. The low stain looks really cool. I don't know if it's been asked before but why is the center hole threaded? Was it for holding during machining? Or is there some other use?

I just modded a Q3 last night with a P3 Cree and it blew me away. A Quad P4 Cree should just plain rock!

BTW any idea when the XR19 reflectors will be available??

MM

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brian,

I knew you would like the low stain version. The center tap is for those who have a lathe and wish to make a PR socket adapter for it :hint-hint: :D

As for the reflectors, they should be available now. I'll check on these B4 I head out of town.

Merry Xmas,
Jonathan

cqbdude

Enlightened
Hey Jonathan,

Which reflector is it? The Mcr19 or the Mcr19 Flood?

Thanks...and Merry Christmas....

Raul

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
modamag said:
Brian,

I knew you would like the low stain version. The center tap is for those who have a lathe and wish to make a PR socket adapter for it :hint-hint: :D

As for the reflectors, they should be available now. I'll check on these B4 I head out of town.

Merry Xmas,
Jonathan

Please forgive my ignorance but what is a PR socket?

Also if the XR19 reflectors are available it's not showing anywhere on the Shoppe's site. How does one go about ordering them if they are not visible?

MM

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
PR socket is one that is designed to hold the PR type bulbs like in a stock Maglight. These are the bulbs with the flat sides and the flat rim around the top that is used to hold the bulb in place. On the Mags, a screw on bulb retainer used the flat rim to hold the bulb to the base. Other lights use a friction fit socket to hold the bulb in or just hold the bulb up against the rear of the reflector.

If you can rig a PR socket adapter (basically just a round post with the positive contact in the center and the negative contact at the outside edge) to these heatsinks it makes it a simple drop-in replacement on the Mags. If you don't use a PR based adapter, you need to tie wires into the switch itself.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
DonShock said:
PR socket is one that is designed to hold the PR type bulbs like in a stock Maglight. These are the bulbs with the flat sides and the flat rim around the top that is used to hold the bulb in place. On the Mags, a screw on bulb retainer used the flat rim to hold the bulb to the base. Other lights use a friction fit socket to hold the bulb in or just hold the bulb up against the rear of the reflector.

If you can rig a PR socket adapter (basically just a round post with the positive contact in the center and the negative contact at the outside edge) to these heatsinks it makes it a simple drop-in replacement on the Mags. If you don't use a PR based adapter, you need to tie wires into the switch itself.

Oh, Duh! A potted bulb socket.

MM

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mirage_Man said:
Also if the XR19 reflectors are available it's not showing anywhere on the Shoppe's site. How does one go about ordering them if they are not visible?

MM

An Email from the Shoppe I recieved said they would be on thier site for sale last week but.......:shrug: I sure would like some to build a QuadCree!:popcorn:

Ken

Last edited:

wtn

Newly Enlightened
Jonathan,

My PXR-19-De arrived in today's mail - looks and fits great. Thanks for a great product. Now waiting for some Cree's.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modamag - Looking to get one of these, but possibly two if I can use one for a slightly different kind of mod that I have in mind. Apparently these won't be available past 12/30, so hopefully you see this soon.

My question is, what is the depth, in mm, of the center hole for both the D and C size sinks?

Also sending a PM with another question about these sinks.

Edit: Tried to send a PM, but your inbox is full (I wonder why... people like me... lol).

Posting the contents here in hopes you can answer:

I would like to buy two sinks, one for a Cree mod, the other one is for a laser project, but first I need to ask a couple specific questions.

What is the depth of the center hole in both the D, and C size sinks?

I'm putting a laser module inside a 12mm diameter case, and am looking to slide it into a heatsink with a slightly bigger (like maybe 12.1mm), non-threaded hole using some thermal grease. The heatsink and laser module would then go into a Mag body. My biggest question to you is, is there any way you might be able to custom drill a smooth 12.1 diameter hole into one of your sinks?

If you could do that for me, that would be be the key ingredient in my laser mod, and would be greatly appreciated. If not, I'm still looking to buy a standard PXR anyway, but I think one of your sinks would look excellent with the nose of a laser poking out.

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Modamag

I received the wrong PXR heatsink in the mail today.
email sent.