Pyromaniacs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to muck around as a kid but nothing serious. A few Spray can flame throwers, mini petrol bombs (real mini) etc. and of course I had to grow my eyebrows back a couple of times too. :)

bitslammer

Enlightened
I was and still am a pyro lover. Best of all I actually get paid $200-500 to shoot off $15,000 worth of firewors someone else paid for each 4th of July. My good friend has his Class B license and I have my apprentice/assistant certification. I keep wanting to get my class B but I enjoy working with the group we've got since we've ben doing this for 12 years now and eveyone is still alive & intact.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a physicist, so a natural pyromaniac :devil:.

Seriously, of all scientists the physicists seem to have the closest affinity to fire.

I remember a New Years party at a friends place. He and I were studying physics at the time, and another guy had graduated in physics two years earlier and was now working in the industry. The other people were also students, chemists, engineers, a few biologists. Guess who lighted the fireworks, exclusively? That's right, the three physicists. (The chemists refused, loudly. Guess they now of the danger :) .)

swampgator

Enlightened
My two-year old was messing around with something the other day and I said, "I'm going to take that out back and burn it."

My wife looked at our son and said, "don't worry. Mommy doesn't let Daddy play with matches anymore."

I mean really, you set 5 acres on fire just once and they take away your Zippo forever. And it wasn't really out of control. The fire department actually said so. I mean, really, we had two tractors with front end buckets cutting fire breaks.

But man, I tell you, a couple bowling pins and an old tire burn like they were doused with gasoline. Oh wait, no, it was diesel they were doused, uh, maybe I should invoke my right to remain silent......

Empath

Flashaholic
Our forum is used by members of many ages, with some being an impressionable age that should be considered in expressing our past behaviors and our less than wise or mature activities. The topic and this thread includes dangerous activity, and illegal activity.

CPF has provided a means by which members of mature age can still discuss the topic, and along with it members can feel the freedom to chastise or advise the more reckless members of real or perceived fault in their actions or choices. Our Underground Wine Cellar permits a place to discuss this topic, and restricts the conversation to adult conversation. Please feel free to open the discussion there.

The topic and thread is closed on the open public CPF board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.