• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50vn - Best 26650 Light

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably pretty close. Mode spacing may be different. The EC50vn has moonlight. I'm waiting for the NW to buy either one. (I'm very happy with the EC60vn, btw).

Vinh certainly has his hands full with all these new emitters!

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably pretty close. Mode spacing may be different. The EC50vn has moonlight. I'm waiting for the NW to buy either one. (I'm very happy with the EC60vn, btw).

Vinh certainly has his hands full with all these new emitters!
Thanks Mad! The R50vn AND the EC50vnII is calling my name....love the look of the R50vn

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mad! The R50vn AND the EC50vnII is calling my name....love the look of the R50vn

Cant go wrong with either. I favor the R50vn but the EC50vn II does have a LOW LOW.

I like the R50vn so much its in most of my vehicles and bed stand. Use it daily to walk Bella to pee :)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it most likely boils down to looks. Personally, I think the blue bezel on the Olight makes it toy like. Others probably think it's a snazzy addition! LOL

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant go wrong with either. I favor the R50vn but the EC50vn II does have a LOW LOW.

I like the R50vn so much its in most of my vehicles and bed stand. Use it daily to walk Bella to pee :)
any specs yet with the .2's?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an older ec50vn with the tailswitch.. I like it because it have a momentary mode and full press for the turbo.. newer ec50 have side switch only now... Ec50vn do have true low mode...

revilo951

Newly Enlightened
Can this light be used when charging? A USB battery pack would be a great addition for run time!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can this light be used when charging? A USB battery pack would be a great addition for run time!

Yes you can use it while it's charging. I tried it both on the round magnetic disk as well as the law enforcement dock charger and it worked on both.

Kallyfudge

Newly Enlightened
Just checking back in to say this light is still amazing. I started running this year so a headlamp will soon be necessary. I've just bought a Xstar dragon vp4 plus and the ArmyTec wizard pro v3 headlamp (plus spare battery), will be into more serious li ion battery usage and can also say how a noob has impacted the R50vn battery.

Just to thank everyone on here for your help. Unfortunately my torch collection shrunk this year, I lost an olight baton being transferred between hospitals. So I now have 2 torches....

As I was typing this my wizard arrived feels good to be back on 3 torches, gonna test it tonight :D

I'm sorry I disappeared for a while but its good to be back and rekindled my interest and use of flashlights! v54

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checking back in to say this light is still amazing. I started running this year so a headlamp will soon be necessary. I've just bought a Xstar dragon vp4 plus and the ArmyTec wizard pro v3 headlamp (plus spare battery), will be into more serious li ion battery usage and can also say how a noob has impacted the R50vn battery.

Just to thank everyone on here for your help. Unfortunately my torch collection shrunk this year, I lost an olight baton being transferred between hospitals. So I now have 2 torches....

As I was typing this my wizard arrived feels good to be back on 3 torches, gonna test it tonight :D

I'm sorry I disappeared for a while but its good to be back and rekindled my interest and use of flashlights! v54

Welcome back!

new-b

Newly Enlightened
So I don't know if it is user error or not, but when I double click to access turbo mode, it doesn't appear any brighter. Am I doing something wrong?

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I don't know if it is user error or not, but when I double click to access turbo mode, it doesn't appear any brighter. Am I doing something wrong?
What battery are you using? If it's the factory one and it's fully charged you may have a bad one.

new-b

Newly Enlightened
I am using the factory one fully charged. I thought it was my eyes...but there should be a significant difference between 1000 and almost 4000 lm right?

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using the factory one fully charged. I thought it was my eyes...but there should be a significant difference between 1000 and almost 4000 lm right?
Yes, a very obvious difference. Try double-clicking from High to Turbo, then press & hold the switch to switch back to High. That's the easiest way to compare High & Turbo levels.

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
I have an earlier version of this light with XHP50 LED and mine has just started doing the same thing, no output difference between high and turbo... More likely an Olight driver issue rather than anything Vinh has done I guess.

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
Just compared it to a few other lights and it's struggling to get to 1000 lumens even on high! Not the first Olight that I've had issues with :thumbsdow

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an earlier version of this light with XHP50 LED and mine has just started doing the same thing, no output difference between high and turbo... More likely an Olight driver issue rather than anything Vinh has done I guess.

I'd contact Vinh and see what he can do.