Ra Clicky Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxlover

Banned
I will give you a shout next time I am in NY so that you can check it out.
RC
Nobody likes shouting. But to see your top of the line light, I will make an exception. :D

When the time comes, I will show you my crappy 100Tw Twisty and 140C Clicky lights. I hope that you will not be embarrassed, now that you have reached the top? Use it in good health........

Jeff

luxlover

Banned
Its a lovely time to visit Scotland.......
I thank you for your UK hospitality, but seeing your 170Cn would be an ALL SWIMMING proposition. I will wait until Reima visits my territory. I hope that the wait won't be too long! :popcorn:

"Springtime in Edinburgh" has a nice ring to it!

Jeff

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Say all, this is my first golden dragon light and here is what I've noticed.

I'm a big fan of the SSC and have one in my old HDS B42 and in several other lights. I like wide smooth beams. I was concerned the GD beam would be to narrow but since it has such an excellent smooth transition from spot to spill this is not a problem in real application. I would highly recommend the GD except for:

1) The 170cn beam is very white in the hotspot and the spill but gradually becomes quite blue by the outer periphery of the spill. This doesn't seem to be a problem outside but its very noticeable indoors. Is this common?

2) The GD in both my Ra has a more noticeable tint shift across the levels than a SSC. The WW becomes a bit sickly at the low levels and the 170cn becomes warmer, but still has the blue outer spill.

Note my SSC emitters are all top bin stuff from PhotonFanatic.

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have any actual questions about the lights? I have decided not to do white wall beamshots or photos since they have all been done before a lot better than me.

If I were to do an outside shot is there any recommendations for EV, ISO, exposure, F-stop and white balance?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd actually be interested in shots of the narrow vs. wide beam profiles outdoors...

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
I have decided not to do white wall beamshots or photos since they have all been done before a lot better than me.

If I were to do an outside shot is there any recommendations for EV, ISO, exposure, F-stop and white balance?
We can always use more beamshots and photos. For suggestions, I'd say shoot outdoor and indoor, ISO <100, 4 seconds at F3.2 for outdoor and 2.5 seconds at F6.3 indoor, with white balance set to "day light" or equivalent.

I'd actually be interested in shots of the narrow vs. wide beam profiles outdoors...

Here are some that PSM took.

Here are some that eltel took.

Last edited:

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
I might use the advice and give some outdoors shots a try. Always nice to help out the community! :twothumbs

Excellent!..

Also, take those settings with a grain of salt, since distance to object, object material, and ambient light can have an impact on under/over exposure of the central spot and extended spill. Basically, set your camera to full manual mode and experiment a bit. :tinfoil:

jagr

Newly Enlightened
Enzo Morocioli said:
you can order o-rings and lube from batterystation for $2.95
Oh, I see. Thanks!

Edit: It's for Twisty really. Is it Clicky compatible?

I need to order the light itself first... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts