Rechargeable non-LiIon 2032 cell?

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Hoping you can help me as searches only yield ones about LiIon. I'm lookng for rechargeable 2032 coin cells. In my searches, I've come across a Maxell ML2032 3V but they're kinda pricey @ around $9.50/ea. I'll need a minimum of 6 just for a LED camera light I have as well as additional cells for various equipment around the house. This is not to mention how I will charge these (not sure if my hobby charger can charge at such a low rate).

Does anyone have any experience w/non-LiIon 2032 cells and charger that they can recommend?

TIA!,
Tim

BoarHunter

Newly Enlightened
I have found one of this cell used in crappy crank flashlight ! It is LiIon (can't be anything else) and without electonic to check for undercharge of overcharge, it didn't last long before the battery quits !
So 9.5 USD just for the battery is a ripoff.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool thx for the feedback. So the hunt continues... I picked up some LiIon ones from BatteryJunction and they've been working well in key chain lights however I'm afraid of over voltage in anticpation of use in ABC watches.

Cheers,
Tim

cottonpickers

Newly Enlightened
If you *do* go down the li-ion route I can help out with a charger and if needed a couple coins. I accidentally bought some CC/CV chips for low current applications. So I've probably got the worlds only cc/cv coin cell charger :). I have one fixed at 15ma and I have a triple charger with settings of about 3-4ma 30-40ma and 90ma DOH! Happy to send to you something at no cost if you go that route.

Last edited:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for the replies guys, it's not so much the cost as it is the environment I'm concerned with. Would rather use rechargeables vs. disposables whenever possible.

CP, thx for the offer! I actually purchased a few Li-Ion and would be interested. I'll PM soon.

Cheers,
Tim