Replacement For Nitecore HC90

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Nitecore HC90 which I mounted on a helmet and I wear it bike riding. One of the features that I like is the slide switch on the top.

How common are slide switches on headlamps, either Nitecore brand or other brands?

What is the largest battery capacity of headlamps that have self-contained batteries? It looks like some headlamps have a separate battery pack and a wire leading from pack to headlamp. I want a headlamp with good battery capacity. I assume a single 18650 battery is the highest capacity of a self-contained headlamp. Or, are there 21700 headlamps that have self-contained batteries?

3L3M3NT

Newly Enlightened
I can't think of too many other headlamps that use a sliding switch to turn on and switch to the different modes.
You'd have to do some searching on your own to find one, since most of the headlamps either turn on using a button or a rotary switch.

The 21700 battery is going to have a higher capacity compared to a 18650 battery. It looks like NiteCore just released a 6000mah battery if you decide to go that route.
https://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/nl2160hp

What are you looking for out of your new headlamp?

JethroL

Newly Enlightened
I just bought an AceBeam H30 with the Red and High-CRI auxiliary options. I should have waited for a proper review of it by a member here!

I was supprised that there were no reviews for a headlight on candle powered forums that has been on the market for over a year, had to look at other sites

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just bought an AceBeam H30 with the Red and High-CRI auxiliary options. I should have waited for a proper review of it by a member here!

I was supprised that there were no reviews for a headlight on candle powered forums that has been on the market for over a year, had to look at other sites
Once in a while, a good light flies under the radar. It happens. Though not too often.