revenge!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
Does it have vaccination tags? In these parts, if a dog bites you, you can call Animal Control
and if the owners aren't present or can't produce documentation that it's shots are current, they'll impound the dog for about two weeks to see if it develops symptoms of Rabies. Then the owners have to pay for it and it can be pricey. If they can't pay for it, off it goes to the big sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]
Had that happen to us when I was young. I girl entered our back yeard and started messing around with our dog's puppies and got bit. We had to have Her in quantine for 2 weeks and I belive My parents paid a fine even though the girl tresspassed.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I heard these actually cause ear damage to dogs because of their
sensitive ears. It drowns out the quietness that makes them bark.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you must be talking about something different. The specific device linked to there has a mic in it, and only fires the transducers when the dog is actually barking. Sounds like you're talking about something that is on all the time! That is not how this works. You can adjust the sensitivity of this one. It has an audible mode where the output is lowered in frequency to where you can hear it so that you can set it up to be on only when the dog is barking and now just when the wind is blowing or something.

The documentation specifically says that the output is NOT enough to damage anybodies hearing, human or K9. If you were make it into a helmet for the dog perhaps there would be a problem with long term usage, but making a peep when the dog barks won't hurt them any.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
For the most part I agree with Sabby.

But if you'll recall, there was a time I was looking down the barrel of my Makarov at a Pitbull that was hell bent on biting me.

Aside from Police use, there ain't no need in this world for a dog THAT agressive.

And I ain't so sure how calm I could be in Raggies place...

Frangible

Enlightened
Contact your local police department and file a report. If the dog is barking and keeping you awake at night, and/or biting you, both are illegal in most areas. I'm not a sue happy type, but if the owners refuse to do anything, call the police and make the owners respect their authoritay.

Also, if you are being physically attacked by these animals, the lethal use of self defense is probably legally justified. But that might get messy in court, so best bet is just to contact the police.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif That was funny, D.A.

But you better watch it or you're gonna get banned and I'd hate to lose your sense of humor here.

That crickets chirping part cracked me up.

matt_j

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.