(Review) Acebeam W30, White laser flashlight

Mikelights

Newly Enlightened
(For submission in reviews forum)

Today we will be taking a look at the Acebeam W30, the first of its kind with over 2600 Meters of throw or 1.6 MILES. This is a beyond line of sight flashlight that uses LEP technology to achieve its monstrous throwing power, it is powered by a single 21700 lithium cell which gives it light weight and long run time capabilities with 1 hour and 45 minutes of battery life. Our particular model is the 6500k version and it's rated at 1.5 million candela. Many people wouldn't find much use in this type of flashlight but when you need immense throw this will not disappoint! This can be purchased directly from Acebeam's amazon store for $259.00 USD and it comes with a charging cable, battery and a red filter.

Watch and enjoy!

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Don't think you will ever see this type of light with any kind of spill. But what would work is a ring or say 3 led's around the main beam to give you spill. 21st century aviator More a less. But ya the throw on this this is right out of the movies! It's nuts.

busseguy

Enlightened
I wonder why more companies haven't started using this technology though.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Technology ain't there yet. Give it 5 years you will have a keychain light that throws 300 yards. Not sure why you would need it but.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Technology ain't there yet. Give it 5 years you will have a keychain light that throws 300 yards. Not sure why you would need it but.

If the technology isn't there yet (and you're probably right, it will no doubt advance quite a lot), then this is already an amazing start!

I agree that if some led flood lights can be combined around the periphery of this light it will be damn impressive and useful!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes they are off to a great start with this technology no doubt about it. It's going to be a hard sell with all the LED fanatics out there I remember a while ago when they were comparing LED out throwing incandescent and they said it would never happen🤔. Can you imagine if this was built up on a much larger platform say like on a helicopter you could shoot a beam literally 10 miles. Not sure why you would need to but?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Yes they are off to a great start with this technology no doubt about it. It's going to be a hard sell with all the LED fanatics out there I remember a while ago when they were comparing LED out throwing incandescent and they said it would never happen🤔. Can you imagine if this was built up on a much larger platform say like on a helicopter you could shoot a beam literally 10 miles. Not sure why you would need to but?

Yes indeed. We also don't know anything about the specs of the actual laser itself in the W30. I'm sure it's nowhere near being as powerful as lasers can actually go. So presumably with a much more powerful laser and maybe batteries with higher capacity and better thermal management the technology is already available to throw 5-10 miles.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes. As I say they have a ways to go before they Challenge the led market but by god they are impressive.

Rasher

Enlightened
The emitter is actually a laser diode with phosphors to emit white light, so you only have on or off, unlike an LED which will give variable brightness when you vary the current.
That has nothing to do with why this light is single mode. There are other LEP I own with multiple brightness modes/strobe etc. It just requires driving the diode at differing levels. Acebeam chose single mode - a design choice.